Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am putting an electric fan on my tj
what is anyone that has done this doing with the coolant overflow tank seeing on how it is on the fan shroud and the shroud will be removed

do i just cut the shroud up and try to make it work or what

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
i would hit the junkyards and find a bottle that might bolt to the fender somewhere. or go to a local speedshop and see if you can't find a small little relocation reservoir with universal mounting bracket.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i am kinda thinkin i have all kinds of room under the brake booster to do something like that

i would hit the junkyards and find a bottle that might bolt to the fender somewhere. or go to a local speedshop and see if you can't find a small little relocation reservoir with universal mounting bracket.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
thats the plan I have for mine. Just need to get off my lazy ass and dot it :)

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Autozone has a nice coolant bottle for less than 10 bucks. Comes with a bracket and hoses. I have one on mine.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no nothing infront of the radiator
i am putting the taurus fan in because it has a shroud with it and its only $15 instead of $80 to $100 for one without a shorud

Do you have any coolers in front of the radiator? You can put the fan there instead and have it push the air through instead of pull it. Then you don;t have to change anything.

·
Support the Sport!
2,015 Posts
I'm using one of those universal overflow bottles from Murray's / Autozone etc. It's working well. I bought the larger one so it was a bit more than $10 but less than $20. I just modified the bracket a little. I hung mine on the grill support bars on one side and bolted the lower half to my fender.

Like this:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
problem solved no more electric fan
i just went out and baught a new fan clutch and put the fan shroud back on

thanks anyways

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
my flexalite fan came with a relocation bracket but that was for a yj... but if i remember correctly the newer yj's wer the sam way as the tj

1 - 14 of 14 Posts