Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Green Machine
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a never used barbque from someone the other day with a full tank of gas. The tank has the old fitting on it though, is there an adaptor to convert to the new style tank out there? Or do I have to replace the burner and hose/regulator as well?

·
Countryboy
1,599 Posts
You maybe able to get the tank revalved. Then it would have to be recertified. Other then that you can buy a new tank from hardware stores, walmart, miejers, or you can do the 1 for 1 tank exchange then you don't have to worry about trying to get the tank refilled. You just go to where ever you set up the 1 for 1 exchange account at and swap the empty for full tank.

As far as needing to switch anything else out you don't need to. The fittings are the same as the old valves. Just the new valves have a pressure release check valve on them for safety.

·
The Green Machine
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But the fitting on the grill is different. This one screws onto the outside of the valve on the tank.

·
The Green Machine
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is how mine is. I have the new style tank. How old is the grill, how old is the tank.

I'm not sure, if I had to guess its about 7 or 8 years old, but its never been used.

·
Countryboy
1,599 Posts
Ok I understand the problem fully now. You have the new style regulator, old style valve on the tank. Yes you can get adapters but once that tank is empty you will not be able to refill it.

·
The Green Machine
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats fine, I'll just pick up a new tank when it runs out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts