Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Titles are over rated
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may have already come up, sorry if I missed it.
When the digital tv conversion happens if you have comcast do you need a cable box or converter box for each tv?
I have 4 tvs 1 comcast box, do I need converter boxes for each of the other tvs?

·
Uggh
5,044 Posts
nope. you dont NEED anything. 3 tvs just wont work. unless they are digital ready.
you sir are an Idiot

You need nothing

if you can still see channel 20 you are good since they switched last week

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
nope. you dont NEED anything. 3 tvs just wont work. unless they are digital ready.
Wrong, if the TV has a cable feed into it, it will work. If it has rabbit ears it will not. I have a small 12" tv crica 1970 and it does not have a comcast box and it passes the tests. I only have a box on my lcd.

·
Titles are over rated
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the DTV answers wasn't clear, guess I'll call comcast tomorrow.

I'm a cable customer. Will I be affected by the transition?

Television sets connected to cable, satellite or other pay TV service will not require a converter box. Cable and satellite subscribers should check with their providers before June 12, 2009, to see how they are handling the transition.

Do cable customers with analog TV sets have to buy or rent a set-top box (converter box) from their cable company? If so, how much will it cost?

First, it's important to know that the June 12, 2009 deadline for the digital television transition only applies to full-power broadcast stations. The government does not require cable companies to transition their systems to digital. They can continue to deliver channels to their customers using analog signals. Actually, cable companies are required under FCC rules to offer local broadcast stations to their customers in analog, as long as they offer any analog service. This requirement will continue for at least three years after June 12, 2009. The FCC will decide in 2011 whether the requirement should be extended beyond June 12, 2012. This means that customers who receive analog cable service (without a cable set-top box) will be able to continue doing so.

·
The land of Boredom..
4,224 Posts
you sir are an Idiot

You need nothing

if you can still see channel 20 you are good since they switched last week
:blah:

Wrong, if the TV has a cable feed into it, it will work. If it has rabbit ears it will not. I have a small 12" tv crica 1970 and it does not have a comcast box and it passes the tests. I only have a box on my lcd.
:blah:

Wow. neither one of you fucks can take a joke can ya?
he asked what he NEEDED, damn. :sonicjay:

i said he NEEDED nothing.

·
Uggh
5,044 Posts
i do not have comcast, i have Uverse, but my channel 20 is called "wymd (wb20)" and i'm wondering if we are talking about the same channel? or is the comcast channel 20 something different?
same

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
i'm really having trouble believing you people are this stupid
really you are? this has been talked about for two years and still people cant get it......... There have even been "town hall" meetings for people who have questions.......still, no one gets it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts