Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Desk top will not connect to internet. Lap top does. Internet options shows a connection and I changed sercurity to default settings, comcast recommnends this, and still will not connect. The tool bar show connected and I also tried repair, renewing the ip addres.
Help?
Dell desk top, comcast cable internet.

·
U-Joints Fear Me
3,361 Posts
Click start, then Run. Type CMD. In the prompt type ipconfig. Is there an IP listed? Should be something along the lines of 192.168.1.3 If not, type in "ipconfig /release all" with no quotes and yes there is a space between ipconfig and the slash. When you get the prompt back type in "ipconfig /renew all" also without quotes.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Click start, then Run. Type CMD. In the prompt type ipconfig. Is there an IP listed? Should be something along the lines of 192.168.1.3 If not, type in "ipconfig /release all" with no quotes and yes there is a space between ipconfig and the slash. When you get the prompt back type in "ipconfig /renew all" also without quotes.
I did that and it says operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation.
????????????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.