Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Something Clever
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive been doing some searching online and have had little success in finding what im looking for, so i thought i would ask you guy

im not gonna make up some big elabrate story about how someone stole an email account from me or i think my GF is cheating or anything like that. Im just going to tell you that i want to install a key stroke logger onto a certain somebody's computer to do a little recon work.

I need some help finding a free keylogger to download. the program needs to work with either XP or Vista im not sure which one the pc has. It also needs to be remotely checked via web or email (doesnt matter which). Also if i absolutly NEED to i can gain access to the pc to install it, but if at all possible, i would like a remote install too.

thanks in advance

·
U-Joints Fear Me
3,361 Posts
how do you plan on remotely installing something like this? not to mention sounds pretty illegal if you get caught :teehee:

·
Something Clever
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how do you plan on remotely installing something like this? not to mention sounds pretty illegal if you get caught :teehee:
i have seen some that attach to an email...when said person opens the email, it stealthy installs itself, basically like a virus.

·
U-Joints Fear Me
3,361 Posts
you would have to run whatever program is attached to the email, if the person is dumb enough to do that, i would suggest just going over there and telling them you want to install something. :sonicjay:

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
won't happen on vista remotely without the person knowing it.

won't be free if you want it to email you or remote install

won't work if there's multiple profiles on the pc 90% of the time.

·
Something Clever
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
won't happen on vista remotely without the person knowing it.

won't be free if you want it to email you or remote install

won't work if there's multiple profiles on the pc 90% of the time.
well, like i said, i can install it myself

not sure if there are more then one profile on the pc, but i do know that the same one is used EVERY single time

·
U-Joints Fear Me
3,361 Posts
if ur really determined to do this, get one that piggybacks the keyboard port. It plugs in inline with the keyboard and records everything. my suggestion would not be to get caught.

·
Something Clever
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if ur really determined to do this, get one that piggybacks the keyboard port. It plugs in inline with the keyboard and records everything. my suggestion would not be to get caught.
where would i get one? can i go to radioshack?

once it is installed, how do you retreive the info?

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
FYI you may have to disable the virus scanner before you install such a program. Many virus scanners pick up on key loggers.

Good luck in finding one that meets all your requirements.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
the piggyback only works on the old style ps/2 connectors. Not going to help with a usb keyboard.

how smart is the person operating the computer?

I found it easier to remove the hard drive from the machine and slave the drive on a usb connector to get what I needed :naughty:

·
Something Clever
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the piggyback only works on the old style ps/2 connectors. Not going to help with a usb keyboard.

how smart is the person operating the computer?

I found it easier to remove the hard drive from the machine and slave the drive on a usb connector to get what I needed :naughty:
it is in fact a usb keyboard

the person is not a "computer genius", but does work with a computer every single day, so definitly will notice if i "borrow" the HD for a day

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
in my experience a keylogger is only useful for retrieving passwords and some IM stuff. it's easier to get emails and web history and files by other means.

Is this other machine on the same network?

·
Something Clever
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
in my experience a keylogger is only useful for retrieving passwords and some IM stuff. it's easier to get emails and web history and files by other means.

Is this other machine on the same network?
not on a network, both computers are at a residence...but not the same one

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
U-Joints Fear Me
3,361 Posts
Just as bad as people who dont read the thread first....:poke:

·
Registered
236 Posts
oh im sorry did i miss read something...sounded to me like he was asking for help finding free keyloggers...im pretty sure every link i posted fix the criteria of the post...

and the last link was because lothos said the piggy back model wouldnt work on a USB keyboard...so there is the link for the PIGGY BACK USB KEYBOARD LOGGER.

anything else im missing there BigBlkYJ 355?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts