Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here play computer games?

I am into the BattleField series games. Some driving games.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I used to play BF1942 a lot. Now I play BF2 and its mods quite a bit. ColtCowboy is my handle. I sometimes play Oblivion, Deer Hunter 2005 and a few other games. I just started playing Freelancer again. I haven't played any PC driving games in a long time, but I play Excite Truck on Wii.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Not so much on the computer anymore (laptop gets hot enough just being on, since it wasn't made for gaming there's really no where for the heat to go), but when I do play on the comp, I'm usually in CounterStrike or Neverwinter Nights. I need to make a dedicated gaming rig so I can play some of the new stuff I've been wanting to play that I can't on the laptop, like Neverwinter Nights 2, BattleField 2 (which I play on XBox), Battlefield 2142 and Half Life 2. I need a Xbox 360 for the other stuff I wanna play though :(

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Yes. The list is long. WTF you wanna know?

Dungeon Runners
Eve Online
NWN2
Oblivion
Silent Hunter4
LockOn
NES/SNES/Genisis emulators
Enigma Rising Tide
Railroads
Tomb Raider Legend
and much much more....

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Yes. The list is long. WTF you wanna know?

Dungeon Runners
Eve Online
NWN2
Oblivion
Silent Hunter4
LockOn
NES/SNES/Genisis emulators
Enigma Rising Tide
Railroads
Tomb Raider Legend
and much much more....
Do you have the first one as well, or just the second one? What character class do you prefer?

·
Loading please wait....
172 Posts
Americas Army

I Used to play BF2 But got sick of all the cheaters. I had to quit before I really killed someone.

Now I play Americas Army its free and cheating seem Vary Minimal. Plus there are CO OP maps where you all play against the computer AI .

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I Used to play BF2 But got sick of all the cheaters. I had to quit before I really killed someone.

Now I play Americas Army its free and cheating seem Vary Minimal. Plus there are CO OP maps where you all play against the computer AI .
I know what you mean about BF2...I usually just find a server with a few people in it, that way it's less likely to have glitchers. I'm in the process of re-donwloading AA right now. I had it a while back, but I never put it back on this laptop when I reformated. So I'm in the process of that right now.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I have both and the expansions for the first. I prefer thieves.
I have the Diamond edition of the first. Do you play online ever? If we're online at the same time we could hook up and play through some quests.

EDIT:

Forgot to say, I usually play a ranger, geared more towards melee combat (usually a half elf) with all the two handed feats. Either Scimitars or Katanas. Depends on the availability of the weapon on that particular server.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
I have the Diamond edition of the first. Do you play online ever? If we're online at the same time we could hook up and play through some quests.

EDIT:

Forgot to say, I usually play a ranger, geared more towards melee combat (usually a half elf) with all the two handed feats. Either Scimitars or Katanas. Depends on the availability of the weapon on that particular server.
I've been playing Dungeon Runners lately the most with the time I have. It's downloadable from the web and free to play.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Do you have the first one as well, or just the second one? What character class do you prefer?
Dang! I completely forgot about NWN! I love both of them! I have NWN1+expansions and NWN2. I don't remember what I played in NWN1, but in 2 I played a two-hand melee ranger. I'd be up for playing online sometime. I think I still have my NWN1 character somewhere. I know I have my NWN2 char.

I just started playing AA again like last week. I can never find any co-op servers and the learning curve is really steep with so much realism. I played like 2 rounds with people with high honor and I just got owned horribly. I didn't know the map or the dynamics of the game. All the single player training was pretty much useless even though it was fun.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Dang! I completely forgot about NWN! I love both of them! I have NWN1+expansions and NWN2. I don't remember what I played in NWN1, but in 2 I played a two-hand melee ranger. I'd be up for playing online sometime. I think I still have my NWN1 character somewhere. I know I have my NWN2 char.
Sadly, I can't play my copy of NWN2 (crappy integrated card on this laptop, but I'm working on upgrading), but if you wanna play NWN online, just let me know. If you have XFire, my username is Guitardrumr. I'm usually on there when I'm gaming.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I run a online team of older players, summertime is slow for us but we run a number of different game server year round.

Old Fart Online Gaming Team

I've played:
Doom
Doom2
Duke 3D
Q2
Q2 LMCTF
Q3
Q3 ACTF
UT 99
UT 2002
UT 2004
Return To Wolfenstein
SOF2
BF: Vietnam
BF2

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I hear ya on the cheaters! I am one of a few that pay for our own server so we can boot these idiots out when we see it.

If anyone is interested it is the NoBS server and my handle is Smiley23 (of course). Or website is http://www.no-bs-squad.net/home/

The reason I asked is we were gaming last night and someone with the handle Jeep4x4x5 was on our server.

LOVED THE UT series!!!

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
lets see, where to start.

BF1942
BF: Nam
BF:2
Counterstrike
TFC
CoD:UO
WoW
Monster truck madness 2
4x4 evo 1 and 2
and a few more.

·
propane evangelist
798 Posts
I run a online team of older players, summertime is slow for us but we run a number of different game server year round.

Old Fart Online Gaming Team

I've played:
Doom
Doom2
Duke 3D
Q2
Q2 LMCTF
Q3
Q3 ACTF
UT 99
UT 2002
UT 2004
Return To Wolfenstein
SOF2
BF: Vietnam
BF2
By far the coolest post I've come across today. It's increasingly hard to find people that want to play the games that shaped what they are calling games today. I had to laugh at the quake mods and actually being able to remember what they were. Going to check the site out for sure. Any chance of setting up a q1 thunderwalker server? ('8

1 - 20 of 42 Posts