Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Testing the waters.

I have a complete axle suspension upgrade for a YJ. This setup will take you from a stock suspension/axle setup to a fully capable rig in a single weekend. The axles are early Bronco D44 front and 9" rear. Both front and rear have been upgraded to alloy shafts and lockers. Suspension is a Rubicon express spring over (SOA) with shocks, anti wrap bar and cross member. This suspension package gives about 7" of lift. (5.5 from the SOA and the springs have another 1.5 of lift)

Front:

Dana 44 low pinion

4.56 gears

ARB air Locker

ARB air compressor included

Stainless steel ARB air line instead of plastic line

Complete ARB wiring harness

Alloy axle shafts

Randy's Ring & Pinion super U-joints (also known as Jantz joints)

Warn Premium lockout hubs

Includes tie rod (slightly bent), drag link and steering stabilizer (stabilizer should be replaced)

Blingy chrome dif cover (with street cred dents)

Poison Spyder dif ring cover

Rear:

Ford 9" low pinion

4.56 gears

Strange full spool

Moser alloy axle shafts

Rear disc brakes. Uses Chevy half ton calipers (not included)

Spring perches set at angle to use SYE kit & CV style driveshaft.

Suspension:

Rubicon Express SOA springs with reverse eyes. 5 pack front, 6 pack rear

Rubicon Express mono-tube shocks (attaches to stock frame mounts)

Mountain Off Road (M.O.R.E.) anti-wrap bar

Custom cross member to mount anti wrap bar

Front shackles are stock, rear have about 1" additional lift

Spare Parts:

Front:

Complete set of stock axle shafts

Rear:

Complete set of Moser axle shafts with wheel bearings installed

At least 2 extra outer wheel bearings in boxes. (these are at least $50 each)

Complete 3rd member with 4.56 gears and Strange spool. The pinion gear is bent but the package will run well enough to get you through a weekend. In other words, you have everything you need except the housing to rebuild the rear if you blow it up on a trip.

ARB air locker. This has a bad spline on one side but can be rebuilt by ARB (I think) if you choose to run ARB's front and rear.

Another ARB stainless braided air line long enough to go to the back or use as spare for front.

A bunch of spare ARB line and fittings.

For the right price, this package will be available mid December 2007. As of today's writing, it is fully functional with nothing wrong. We can pull the diff cover to inspect. With a deposit and guarantee of purchase contingent on inspection, we can pull down the rear to inspect. (the reason for this is that to inspect a Ford 9", both axle shafts must be pulled.)

I WILL NOT SPLIT THIS PACKAGE OR PART IT OUT. IF YOU WANT PART OF IT, FIND SOMEBODY ELSE TO BUY THE REST.

$3500 obo

I will have limited internet access over the next few days so have patience with me if I do not respond to any contacts or questions.

·
DrivewayJeeper
10,957 Posts
what do you mean limited internet access? Have they even heard of computers in Serbia?

and by the way, when you hear gunfire remember to tuck and roll, it could save your life
:sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

good luck with the sale Jim, its an excellent deal.:thumb:

·
Recovering XJ owner
5,620 Posts
I heard he is going right to rockwells and 47" LTB's :rock:
hum? I wonder how that's going to look in the new trailer?? That's going to be awfully tall and narrow! :sonicjay:

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've heard that you aren't cool if you don't have 60's on 44 boggers.:tonka:

Actually I don't have it totally figured out yet. Front will either be a well built HP 44 or a 60. Rear will be a true Hi-9.

Full width & linked

Still gonna run a 37" tire (or whatever 37-38 might come out on the market)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts