Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Desert Rat
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Apparently German girl is more American than you. She already gets it. Buy a tooth bar, you'll thank me later.
Oh she gets it, more than most.
Back in the fatherland she had a Nissan Patrol in diesel.
Originally she got a financial incentive to go diesel because of the fuel economy. Then after ten years they taxed her $4k per year for being diesel. She was forced to sell it to someone in Romania.
It was one of the things that sent her here. She thinks that is how it will go down in USA, and she doesn’t like it one bit.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,802 Posts
If you get a lot of snow start saving for a 3pt snow blower. Also if you happpen to have random snow banks, chunks of 4x4 that need moved, etc.... Dad has one for the back of his tractor and it will eat up a windrow faster than you can drive into it.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,883 Posts
Toothbar is a must if you are gonna be playing in dirt.
Huh, never used one...nor have I really seem them. Think the odd off time I have, but I never paid much attention to it. I'll have to do some investigating on them.

If you get a lot of snow start saving for a 3pt snow blower. Also if you happpen to have random snow banks, chunks of 4x4 that need moved, etc.... Dad has one for the back of his tractor and it will eat up a windrow faster than you can drive into it.
Never used one but they look pretty heavy duty; seems like you can find good used ones for pretty decent prices too.

I still have a 6.5ft plow setup I need to weld up for the loader on my tractor. I bought a quick attach plate to weld the plow onto so I can have a good quick attach plow to use during the winter. The plow is manual angle too so I don't need to spend more $$ for a third function kit.

My preference for snow removal is my cub cadet blower attachment on the 2518, but I think this winter I will spend tearing the kohler motor apart and finding that damn oil leak that turns my mower into a smoke stack after its hot.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,802 Posts
Dad bought a 72" snowblower to go behind his Nortrac 45XT last year. I was a little skeptical as to how it would handle it as his tractor is a gear drive. I never noticed a difference between when the PTO was off and when it was on and eating snow. I was throwing 12" deep snow as fast as it would eat and it would take a hard windrow just as fast. I tried it against my snow pile which was as big as my truck and broke off a chunk and started pushing what it couldn't eat.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My little beast. Ingersoll 6018 loader backhoe. I also have another that's a loader only. They are 2wd but for what I paid for them I'll do circles around the new stuff.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,067 Posts
My little beast. Ingersoll 6018 loader backhoe. I also have another that's a loader only. They are 2wd but for what I paid for them I'll do circles around the new stuff.

Is that a light wood? Because if that's hardwood, that super impressive that little thing picked thay up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well that log was 28" dia. Poplar. 10' long. Guessing around 1600lbs. That's not the heaviest load I've carried. I think breakout force is only 1400lbs at most on the loader lift but this little guy likes to flex his muscles. Lol

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,067 Posts
Well that log was 28" dia. Poplar. 10' long. Guessing around 1600lbs. That's not the heaviest load I've carried. I think breakout force is only 1400lbs at most on the loader lift but this little guy likes to flex his muscles. Lol

That's awesome, I highly doubt my brand new, larger tractor would lift that. Think my break out force is 2300, max lift at pin is 1067 pounds. But I haven't tried to lift anything with a pallet fork attachment though

·
Gustafson
10,187 Posts
Is that a light wood? Because if that's hardwood, that super impressive that little thing picked thay up.
I was thinking he same thing. I had to do a double take on the picture because I was like damn that's a YUGE log for that little tractor!

·
Yooper In Training
7,432 Posts
That is impressive, it's because of the spacing between the lift cylinders and lift arm pivots. Way more mechanical advantage than most of the newer stuff. It always seems silly to me how close they put the cylinder to the pivot on all the newer stuff, it's losing a lot of potential lifting power. Probably partly due to necessity to maintain the quick-attach loader setups, but mostly driven by lawyers not wanting the machines to lift so much that they get sketchy. Lots of stupid things can happen when you challenge physics.

·
Project Antitube
1,080 Posts
I use this tiny FEL to move around heavy shit in places I can't fit anything else. The problem is that it's got a garbage transmission (has high and low range, but everything is brass, no synchros). It's gloriously slow, so I often point it in the direction of where I want it to go and go walk off and do something else. I'm actually not kidding. I'd use it more, but the transmission is infuriating to use. It's so heavy, it can't actually pull 3rd gear because it can't start moving itself in 3rd gear in high range. Since there are no synchros, there is no shifting on the fly.

It can lift a D60 or a 14FF without issue, but you can't raise it too high loaded heavy because it will be a white knuckle ride. More than once I've had someone standing on the weights on the back and we've both gone for a ride. You also can't get off it once you lift something heavy. I use it in the garage to lift things off a trailer and set it down because I have a gravel driveway and nothing else I have can fit in the garage, move around, and lift.

Safety second!

·
Desert Rat
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I managed to find a real clean B7500 with a mower deck.
So it looks like I will need to add any attachments.

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Tractor

Reactions: aber61

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,067 Posts
I managed to find a real clean B7500 with a mower deck.
So it looks like I will need to add any attachments.

View attachment 280243
Check titan attachments scratch and dent section daily, they have good deals. Their regular prices are pretty good, and the scratch and dent is like 30-40% off. I got a set of 48" pallet forks and the backer for about $500. And a 3 project quick attach for 125.

·
Desert Rat
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 · (Edited)
Check titan attachments scratch and dent section daily, they have good deals. Their regular prices are pretty good, and the scratch and dent is like 30-40% off. I got a set of 48" pallet forks and the backer for about $500. And a 3 project quick attach for 125.
Yes. I like their quick hitch, it’s first on the list.
Back blade will be on before first snow first,

what I really need is this
Automotive tire Bumper Asphalt Gas Automotive exterior

41 - 55 of 55 Posts