Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Better than Newbie
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having any issues with their Comcast in the last couple days? Couldnt get online last night, or this morning, but I guess now when you try to get to the internet it takes you to a Comcast page saying you need to install their software or something.

Im not at the house right now, so I dont know exactly what it wants to do, but just wondering if this has happened for anyone else.

·
№ ™℮ Ђ ώº®қ Θה ς├│‡ﺝ
1,360 Posts
For some reason they are blocking your modem, call them and thell them to fix your internet. Dont download the comcast stuff if the problem persists give them a call and get a credit for the days you had problems. I would throw a couple of days on their to pad your bill too.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Mines been just about 100% rock steady for 6 years. On th erare occasion when it stops working, I unplug/reset the modem and router, and its good again.

42,949 Posts
Anyone having any issues with their Comcast in the last couple days? Couldnt get online last night, or this morning, but I guess now when you try to get to the internet it takes you to a Comcast page saying you need to install their software or something.

Im not at the house right now, so I dont know exactly what it wants to do, but just wondering if this has happened for anyone else.
lol.

pay your bill

·
Chrome Trucker Chicks Rul
3,217 Posts
I have had that problem and had to bypass the router and hook up to the modem direct. I had talked to them on the phone so I don't know if they did anything on their end.

·
Retired double dipper
984 Posts
Mines been just about 100% rock steady for 6 years. On th erare occasion when it stops working, I unplug/reset the modem and router, and its good again.
DITTO

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
There better not be any problems. I just signed up for cable and internet yesterday. Getting it installed today.

I had them before and I never really had any issues.

·
#@%$!*&$#@*
2,774 Posts
Your modem is in "wallgarden" Call their half ass tech support and tell them that. As long as your bill is payed you shouldn't have a problem. They should be able to fix it while you're on the phone with them.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Yep...usually for me it's my cheap router that wants to stop connecting properly, but sometimes the modem itself gets cranky.

·
lost
7,378 Posts

same here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts