Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Poseur Extraordinaire
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.colinmcrae.com/

Okay...I may be more of a fan of the videogames than the actual racing, but this guy kicked ass...and any legal off-roading done by anyone is okay in my book.

Sunday 16th September 2007
HELICOPTER CRASH – JERVISWOOD, LANARK

Regarding yesterday’s helicopter crash at Jerviswood, Lanark, it has now been confirmed that there were four people, two adults and two young children on board.

Although a post mortem has still to take place, the four involved are believed to be:

Mr Colin McRae (39) of Jerviswood House and his son Johnny Gavin McRae, aged 5.

Ben Porcelli (6), of Cleghorn Road, Lanark, who had been over playing with Johnny, and family friend Graeme Duncan (37), of L’Ile Degaillot, Faycelles, France.

Chief Superintendent Tim Love, Divisional Commander, South Lanarkshire Division, said today:

“We believe that the group were just returning from a visit to the nearby village of Quarter around 1605 hours yesterday, when it appears that the helicopter got into difficulty and crashed within the grounds of Mr McRae’s family home.

“Our officers are working closely with the Air Accident Investigation Team who are presently at the scene.

“Family Liaison Officers have been appointed and are with the families to help them through this distressing and difficult time.”

Please note that the families involved are not available for interview and media are asked to respect their privacy at this time.

·
Insomniac
1,117 Posts
He was one of the best. Niche star status (at least in the states). RIP

·
10 0011 10101
2,336 Posts
Man. Richard Burns was hard enough, but now no more Colin McRae, either. It really sucks that his little son was there too.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Son of a bitch... Loved his flip in the X-games...

I'll be seeing Pastrana in October, as he'll probably be back up here in Houghton again for the LSPR.

Awesome driver though... sad to see him go.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
I believe that he was racing in the LSPR that I was at a couple of years ago.

Very sad thoughts and prayers

I will never get in a helo or send my family up in one or a small plane for that matter.

Anyone else feel the same about small aircraft? Think of all the actors and singers etc. that have gone the same way.

·
Home Sweet Homicide
3,685 Posts
This really sucks. He pretty-much brought rallying to the US' attention.

I think rally drivers have the worst survival rate.

Colin
Possum Bourne
Richard Burns
Mark Lovell

Thse are just in the last several years.

RIP Colin and thanks for all those cool games. Now I can go finally buy a 360 so I can get Dirt.

·
Ranger Addiction?
2,064 Posts
crappy..

I'm a fan of WRC, that sucks that him, his kid and friends died too..

My thoughts go out to their families. :( :( :(

·
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
8,054 Posts
Yeah, i remember when Lovell died, I guess at least he was in a race when it happened.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Something that stood out to me when I watched his interviews was his good attitude and sportsmanship no matter if he was winning or loosing.

RIP.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts