Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
offensive 2 the sensitive
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm doing the SAS on my 2002 Silverado 1500. Ideal thing to do would be swapping a drivers side 241 in. But I'm not doing that till my 4L80E Is ready to go in.

SPECS:
2002 Silverado 1500
Manual shift 261 Transfer case

I want to unbolt it and turn it counter clockwise to help with the driveshaft angles. I only want to turn it one bolt hole over if you know what I mean. I know they make clocking rings to bolt them to allisons and such. What I want to know is do I even need a clocking ring? The bolt pattern looks to be identical all the way around! My tcase might hit the floor board but I'm not sure. I can't seem to find any information on this. From the looks of it, I can just unbolt it, rotate it, and bolt it back in. The only thing I'd have to figure out is the 4x4 linkage. Can anyone comment on this?

Thanks, A.J.

·
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

·
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well lucky for me I have the old 246 out of my yykon and they share the same bolt pattern mount. All the bolts are same distance apart but I just wasn't sure if there is something I'm forgetting. It just seems to easy lol

·
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nevermind won't work. Tried take the tcase I have here and clicking it to my spare 4L80E and the very bottom bolt is about a 3/8th of inch off. O well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts