Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Its tough out there.
2,754 Posts
4wheel and offroad went there on there Ultimat Adventure 04. the trails are "tighter than tight" and requires a 110in or shorter wheel base to enter the park. good trails by the look of the picts. Nov 04 issue of 4wheel offroad has the article.:woot:

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
The Cliffs has opened up a bit since we hosted UA out there, but it is still slick as snot when it rains. (Boggers rule out there, but TSL Swampers do OK)

If you are running the ravines (Great Lakes trail, Carnage, Trail #11, Land Rover, etc), then beadlocks are your friend. There is a section on #12 where the UA guys lost 4 beads, and rolled the 2K XJ and Tom Boyd's Bronco.

There are some rocks finally popping out on Trail #7, and Trail #44 was turned into a rock trail of sorts just a couple weekends ago-

Here is a trail cutting pic from my namesake trail-

(Now when you see the right hand side of my TJ, you won't have to ask the "how did that happen?" question)

"Cooter Trail" in summer-

Great Lakes Trail-

(Ritty likes to think he is a Big Time magazine photog, so he tends to skew the horizon) :miff:

Trail #7-

Trail #12

..and the new rock trail-

I replied to your intro thread on GLJT- we will be out to the Badlands quite a bit to prerun for Summerbash, but I'm sure we can fit in a pickup run to The Cliffs sometime soon. (BTW- there is no one named "Cliff" there):tonka:

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shoot maybe even this weekend since they're not open during the week :)

I probally only need like 4 hours tomorrow to beat the YJ into driveability and then off we go :)

Oh shoot, well I need to weld up a new front DS, the old one still has a bit of a curve in it from a stupid log

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
I may be able to get a "special viewing" during the week after next weekend.

With enough rigs, a night run may be a possibility, as well.

Need to swap a clutch in the TJ this weekend, however...

·
Yankabilly
7,944 Posts
bigmak1987 said:
4wheel and offroad went there on there Ultimat Adventure 04. the trails are "tighter than tight" and requires a 110in or shorter wheel base to enter the park. good trails by the look of the picts. Nov 04 issue of 4wheel offroad has the article.:woot:
That is how the badlands started, with a 110" wheel base max.

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cooter said:
I may be able to get a "special viewing" during the week after next weekend.

With enough rigs, a night run may be a possibility, as well.

Need to swap a clutch in the TJ this weekend, however...
:tonka: :tonka: :tonka: depending where you are I may be able to lend a hand

Mine's actually ready to go except........
1- Change All fluids
2- RE-connect hand throttle
3- Tune Choke + adjust carb
4- Find manual Hub for drivers side front axle or leave drive flange off or put drive flange on (welded front, makes tight turns difficult without a hub) :tonka: :tonka:
5- Clean out crap from inside YJ
6- Tie Down Battery
7- deal with bent front driveshaft or cut 1.5" off of the other one and install it
8- Install brake controller inside WJ
9- Fill with gas
10- Bleed brakes, still a touch of air in there somewhere

I think thats it, and in theroy except for the Shaft I should be able to do all of that in well under 2 hours.

·
Premium Member
10,939 Posts
Dudem that place is only an hour from Naperville, I could just meet you there, or you could pick me up on the way! I will be in Naperville in late July or early August I think.

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
shawn said:
Dudem that place is only an hour from Naperville, I could just meet you there, or you could pick me up on the way! I will be in Naperville in late July or early August I think.

Ok, we'll have to work that out :)

I will be MIA from July 14th to August 4th

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Sandals said:
:tonka: :tonka: :tonka: depending where you are I may be able to lend a hand

Mine's actually ready to go except........
1- Change All fluids
2- RE-connect hand throttle
3- Tune Choke + adjust carb
4- Find manual Hub for drivers side front axle or leave drive flange off or put drive flange on (welded front, makes tight turns difficult without a hub) :tonka: :tonka:
5- Clean out crap from inside YJ
6- Tie Down Battery
7- deal with bent front driveshaft or cut 1.5" off of the other one and install it
8- Install brake controller inside WJ
9- Fill with gas
10- Bleed brakes, still a touch of air in there somewhere

I think thats it, and in theroy except for the Shaft I should be able to do all of that in well under 2 hours.
I'm in Chicago Ridge (SW Burbs), so kinda far from you.

That's a pretty short list, I hate to tell you all the stuff I "should" do to the TJ.

The clutch is pretty easy, I just have to fight the urge to swap in a slushbox when I have the tranny down...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.