Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Camel Buggy
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm putting a set of 2-piece Hedman Hedders on my '86 CJ7 (258). The headers do not have an area to mount the existing oxygen sensor. (I'm running a Weber carb, so I don't think the computer is making any on-the-fly adjustments air/fuel adjustments). So what would the sensor be doing?

Can the oxygen sensor just be eliminated?

Should I use the header exhaust gasket or go with the stock exhaust manifold gasket? (Does it matter?)

Resident HVAC/R Jambi
If you are running a weber, than you should do the nutter bypass. So, no you don't need the O2 sensor. If you need to know what the Nutter Bypass is, do a google search.

Camel Buggy
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Shawn! I found this link on the "Nutter Bypass" http://www.4x4wire.com/jeep/tech/electrical/jn-ignition99/

Once the headers are on and the intake mani installed I plan to perform a quadrouple nutter bypass on the old CJ. So I'll get rid of the oxy sensor at the same time.

Any input on whether I should use the stock exhaust gasket or go with the Heddman exhaust gasket?
(I heard that one of the gaskets block a port...good or bad, I don't know.)

Registered
flip a coin......or lay the gaskets side by side and see which one "might be blocking a port"

honestly, i don't think it matters. if the port that "it might be blocking" was of any importance, then it shouldn't be blocked. so honestly, i really shouldn't matter.

look at it this way........now you have a spare gasket for the next time you need to remove the manifold for any reason..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts