Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
USMC
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a set of wide track axles for a 78 cj5. I think any for 78-86 would work. I would like to upgrade to danas later but would like to swap in some wide tracks while i am swapping springs.

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
I have some. Could have showed you if you had more time yesterday, as they are all in my storage unit about 2 miles away. They might not be geared as low as the axles you have now, but that may be helpful since your 3rd gear in the T-150 is 1:1 and you may have 3.73's with the 6-cyl. Its all swappable, though. I think all the axles I have are 3.31 or 3.54, but there may be some 2.73's in there also.

This page will tell you how to identify your gear ratio. Click on the pic of the axle to enlarge so you can see the location of the stamping. A wire brush is all you need to uncover it.

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Chances of finding a wide-track Dana 44 are slim, as they were only produced for a 1/2 year (late 1986). If you can find one, they usually command BIG $$$. If you want to consider a narrow-track D44, I have one w/3.07 gears that you could run with wheel spacers to match the wide-track width in front. $100.

I also have a set of wide-tracks from this '86 CJ-7 (D30/AMC 20 combo) for $100 for the pair.

Craig

·
Jeep CJ Addict
145 Posts
As Craig mentioned about the widetrac 44, they are pricey... I do have a factory installed Dana 44 from an 86 CJ7 which is a Widetrac. It has 3.31 gears. I have sold them from $800-$1000 depending on gears.

Thanks,
Rudy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.