Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the clutch linkage, the bell crank would slip out under pressure. I tore it apart, and there was a broken clip and bushing. I fixed everything, but it slides back and forth alot. More than I think it should. Anybody know if this is normal?:confused:

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
seems odd. I remember mine slipping off when there was NO pressure, I thought that was what the clip was for. But under pressure it was fine.

·
Premium Member
10,939 Posts
The real fix is swap to hydraulic, that is what I ended up doing. But, if you need to , but those pivots that hold that bell crank so it's a tight fit. The body and/or motor moutns are probably not keeping aligned very well and so the two pivots are actually too far away. Or, your body is flexing at the body pivot causing it to pop out, or your not adjusted right, and there is toooo much down pressure pushing the bell crank out of the pivots (but even that shouldn't happen if everything is lined up right and tight and the motor and body mounts are good).

·
rapid city recovery team
1,049 Posts
i had to weld a plate on the back of the bracket that bolts to the firewall so i could move it towards the center of the jeep a little more. It seemed to solve my problems.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, i think my body is flexing too much. I'll see if i can bend it or weld something to move it over an inch or two. thanks guys!

·
rapid city recovery team
1,049 Posts
yeah take the bracket that bolts to the firewall and heat it and bend it open more ( more than the 90*). It will keep it from binding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts