Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, everyone with a Tom Woods shaft, take them off. They will explode your trans

edit: I am not serious. Tom Woods makes one hell of a shaft. Chrysler warranty people are not smart

·
The Green Machine
4,197 Posts
I tried, but my jeep wouldn't move after I took it off. What I am supposed to do so it will move again?

·
Premium Member
14,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried, but my jeep wouldn't move after I took it off. What I am supposed to do so it will move again?
Not sure.

My trans issue was caused from the "after market" drive shaft or the body lift.

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,165 Posts
So, everyone with a Tom Woods shaft, take them off. They will explode your trans

edit: I am not serious. Tom Woods makes one hell of a shaft. Chrysler warranty people are not smart
Actually they are. If they can blame it on something that actually caused the trans to fail then they do not have to warranty it.

You should talk them into blaming aftermarket bumpers instead.:tonka:

·
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
15,014 Posts
Not sure.

My trans issue was caused from the "after market" drive shaft or the body lift.
how does raising the body alter the trans that stayed stationary.

·
Countryboy
1,599 Posts
If the driveshaft was out of ballance then it could cause transmission problems.

First in order for them not to warranty the transmission. They have to prove that the modification caused the problem. I highly doubt that will happen. Ussually a driveshaft that is not ballanced will cause a severe vibration and usually cause damage to the transmission casing.

·
Me balls are huge
2,543 Posts
If the driveshaft was out of ballance then it could cause transmission problems.

First in order for them not to warranty the transmission. They have to prove that the modification caused the problem. I highly doubt that will happen. Ussually a driveshaft that is not ballanced will cause a severe vibration and usually cause damage to the transmission casing.

NO. Maybe harm the transfer case, but driveline vibes on a 4x4 will never harm the transmission.

·
Because racecar
4,041 Posts
I had GM tell me that the flowmasters i put on my 6.0 made it spin a rod bearing :tonka: and they wouldn't warranty it even though it had 12,000 miles on it.... and i replied ok I'll get back to after i consult my lawyer friend... they warrantied it..... twice

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
Ussually a driveshaft that is not ballanced will cause a severe vibration and usually cause damage to the transmission casing.
wtf are you talking about. An unbalanced DS will never split a case without grenading the internals first.... even then you would have to keep driving it to split a case.

·
Because racecar
4,041 Posts
wtf are you talking about. An unbalanced DS will never split a case without grenading the internals first.... even then you would have to keep driving it to split a case.
Actually it can crack the case... I've seen them bust bell housings right off of them do to vibration

·
Registered
5,970 Posts

Wow. Yur smrt. :chiefwoohaw:

·
Countryboy
1,599 Posts
NO. Maybe harm the transfer case, but driveline vibes on a 4x4 will never harm the transmission.
Then explain to me why I had a transmission casing crack when the driveshaft started causing a vibration. The T-case is stronger then the transmission and the t-case is attached to the transmission. Being that the T-case is stronger it can with stand the vibrations caused by the driveline better then the transmission aluminum cast casing.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
Actually it can crack the case... I've seen them bust bell housings right off of them do to vibration

must be a jeep thing, and I believe we are talking about autos

1 - 20 of 124 Posts