Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I've had Chinese winches for years now.

Nowadays even the Harbor Freight ones are too much money IMO.

My current trailer has a Zeak 5500lb winch on it that came with synthetic line and everything for like 130 bucks. It's winched my D100, 4runner, C10, and F250 all more than once without a hiccup.

I just buy the cheapest one that already has synthetic line nowadays.

·
Yooper In Training
7,428 Posts
I had a rough day Monday after caving in my bedside on a tree, but the Sh1ttybilt once again bailed me out of a pinch. Dragged the trailer back a few feet then after strapping that in place it dragged the truck off the tree. I should probably replace it before it leaves me high and dry but so far so good.....15 years later.

Reactions: XXXJ

·
Yooper In Training
7,428 Posts
Nice to see the jeep still getting some use Sean!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I had it at the dunes in September but it had sadly little other use this year. Pretty sure I got about 8 months worth of whooping into it in 2 days at Silver Lake though, so we'll call it a win.

·
Yooper In Training
7,428 Posts
I predict mine will "done" around spring

I'm in the constant back and forth of whether to keep or sell mine. Every time I use it I decide I have to keep it. But when it sits and sits and takes up much needed space, I seriously consider ditching it, especially since I don't really even miss using it until I end up doing it again.

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
4,262 Posts
I'm in the constant back and forth of whether to keep or sell mine. Every time I use it I decide I have to keep it. But when it sits and sits and takes up much needed space, I seriously consider ditching it, especially since I don't really even miss using it until I end up doing it again.
Well when you can just borrow one from work whenever you want ...

·
Yooper In Training
7,428 Posts
Well when you can just borrow one from work whenever you want ...

:ROFLMAO: can't use those like I do this one unfortunately

21 - 28 of 28 Posts