Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Most of us don't have mirrors anymore :sonicjay:
Hey, I like to think I was the inspiration for your current junk :)

But even just having the whole interior lit up from behind gets annoying, or being a spotter getting blinded..

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Call it what you want I'm happy to wheel at night now with my lights :). It's cooler! The only problem is its impossible to get good video

It isn't that hard to get video, just need to keep the camera behind the lights. When the lights are coming towards you it gets more difficult.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
For me it isn't about having so many that I blind or make it like an artificial sun. For me I am looking to put something on our trail rig to see better than $15 fog lights. As our rig no longer has the stock lights at all. ( or any lights for that matter)! But I also don't see the point in not seeing well either. So for me I was in search of a decent light at a decent price that would work and last well. I think most would agree I have a valid and logical point !

And some applications such as high speed dune or Baja type much light is a great thing! So it all has its place. I am even wanting to take a smaller set ( like the 4 or 6 led cubes) in a flush mount and put them IN the rear bumper of my truck as a work light that has great light for loading trailer or just working in the dark easier. And at the price point for durability and longevity I again doubt I will get much argument that it is a good use of money for utility received .

And as stated if anyone is willing to donate any light bars for comparison against the cheapies or against whatever we would be more than happy to do so. But I for one don't have the fundage to purchase every light out there to compare. But we can label who's is what , compare and return after testing . and it would be unbias and just a observe and report is as fair a manor as possible. ( unless I can find a light meter. Then it would really be on!)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Another small inject is that we did everything with the same equipment on the same night in the same location not for max output but so there was a decent comparison from one to another. And if we want to be a little more anal about distance and output ect. If someone wants to donate the equipment I have a location that would serve well and I would be glad to do and unbiased set of tests for a more scientific comparison also.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

·
MetroFab Customs
6,283 Posts
I like night time, day light wheeling.

And I have switches on my lights, I can turn them off if I am blinding someone.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
We were out wheeling yesterday talking about lights and some questions came up. Here is some basic information:

One thing to remember is that if you mounted a flood on windsheild brackets you would get horrible glare off the hood. The same hold true to a roof mounted bar so you only want spots. I only really like floods for backup lights so you don't blind everyone behind you and you are less concerned with distance.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts