Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Me balls are huge
2,543 Posts
They should stick to fortune cookies, and leave automobile design to the professionals.

·
I carry a shank
4,543 Posts
Just goes to show ya how easy it will be to take out their tanks and airplanes when we finally have to go to war with the little commies.
:usa:

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
dude that thing just disentegrated.......
I don't think they have a high standard of quality over there it is just make whatever and sell it.

·
Charcoal Mellowed
1,288 Posts
crash test

Hey, wasn't Chrysler looking to import a Cherry built economy car? (I remember reading this like, last year...)

Looks like their quality is vastly superior to ours.

·
Low Range Drifter
8,430 Posts
A co-worker showed me the original article and pointed out some of what it was saying (it's in Russian, but the pics are fun to see). Pretty f'n amazing.

They had to take the crash test dummy apart and then still cut up parts of the car to get his legs out. They were crunched between the seat and dash.

If you look at US unibody cars, you see plenty of extra ribbing and formed cross members, not so with that POS. The engine cradle totally invaded the passenger compartment. Not good.

·
Premium Member
14,639 Posts
Hey, wasn't Chrysler looking to import a Cherry built economy car? (I remember reading this like, last year...)

Looks like their quality is vastly superior to ours.
I don't think that was a quality issue, I think that was a design issue

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,272 Posts
and now hes dead

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
The Chinese are out to get us NASTY Americans!!! Forget the terrorists.
I just spent 10 days in China. One of the best quotes from a general manager of one of the companies we visited was "We don't care about taking over the world. We are just trying to feed out 1.3 billion people." The Chinese are even less interested in politics than US people are. 4% of their population belongs to the Communist party. Very few people pay even the slightest bit of attention to political issues there. Unfortunately, misconceptions are running rampant in this country concerning China. But, just like always, lies and rumors travel much better than the truth and sells more newspapers.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
They should stick to fortune cookies, and leave automobile design to the professionals.
Go pick up the September 2007 edition of Popular Science, it has a picture of a knock-off iPhone on the cover. Pretty interesting article in there about Chinese knock-offs.

Apparently the car company Chery makes a knock-off of the Chevy Aveo, it is so close that the doors interchange.

·
3,835 Posts
haha thats right maybe this will make everyone buy american now and save the big three. Hopefully adn if it doesnt than after seeing this video you must be a freakin idiot to buy one of these cars. and if your that dumb to buy a car like this than you should just go to there country and live with the stupid ass people that built the shit cars.
Thanks, A.J.Hall!.
:usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :nana::sonicjay: :sonicjay:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts