Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
iamfawkinwithyou
20,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I say photoshop but my wife says no. She is a vet teck and says she has a couple customers that are close to this size

·
iamfawkinwithyou
20,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i WIN, time to go get my reward.......................I love bets

·
Get Up and Go
2,576 Posts
If you read (I know this is difficult sometimes when you are in a hurry to look intelligent) the full Snopes report, you will see that they say this picture is simply not a picture of Hercules, the worlds accepted biggest dog.

What it does say about the picture is that it is either a digital manipulation or a freakishly large example of that particular breed. It does not claim that the picture is beyond a doubt False.

Snopes can be a wonderful tool. But you really need to read beyond the False/True claim at the very top of the page. You can avoid embarrassment that way

Personally, I have no doubt there are larger dogs than what is pictured. A number of years ago, camping at Brighton State Park, I saw a black dog riding in the bed of a Ranger pick up. This dog has it's hind legs in the back of the bed and his fore paws hanging over the windshield. I dwarfed the truck. This thing was huge. In fact, I thought it was a horse at first glance. The guy never stopped and never drove through again. I did not get enough of a look at the dog to determine the breed, but it was the largest dog I had ever seen, in person or anywhere else for that matter. It would have dwarfed both pictured dogs in the Snopes article.

p.s. the Snopes article also talks about weight as the determining factor of largest dog. The one I saw may have been larger in over all size, but weight, well, no chance to put him on a scale.

·
Tap Tap Splat
15,560 Posts
If you read (I know this is difficult sometimes when you are in a hurry to look intelligent) the full Snopes report, you will see that they say this picture is simply not a picture of Hercules, the worlds accepted biggest dog.

What it does say about the picture is that it is either a digital manipulation or a freakishly large example of that particular breed. It does not claim that the picture is beyond a doubt False.

Snopes can be a wonderful tool. But you really need to read beyond the False/True claim at the very top of the page. You can avoid embarrassment that way
I hope you realize you may have just stopped a fellow man from getting something that everyman wants.

·
Get off my lawn.
3,692 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
y walk that dog when you could ride it? It's hard to tell if it's real or not however I will say if that's a photo chop they did an awesome job with the shadowing

·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts
x2. The shadows may be decent, but the lighting level on the dog itself is off compared to the humans (on the snopes rear shot)
x3. I'm not a photoshop expert but you can clearly tell that is a fake. The combination of shadows and lighting is just all wrong based on its size.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts