Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Geocache Addict
1,462 Posts
WallMart has a pair of Hella 500s for $60. I use them and they are...ok. But nothing like my old 100W KCs (but those were $100 ea.).

·
Mall Crawler
2,633 Posts
$25 will get you a new set of bajas at autozone/ walmart. Theyre 6"x3" black plastic with grilles. They come in pairs with a harness for $25. 55w H3's, so you can easily upgrade to 100w or 130w with the proper wiring.

·
Mall Crawler
2,633 Posts
yeah, i've looked at all those, just don't know if i trust them. anyone use them?
Not I personally, but my friend has 6 of them on his truck. Not the brightest thing in the world (this coming from a guy with 770 watts of light on his rig) but they do the job, and have never burned out, cracked, or broke in the 10 years theyve been on there.

·
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
2,278 Posts
I have a pair of 55w aux. lights from Meijer that were $15 each and I have a pair of KC 3" x 5" 55w driving lights that were $70 for the pair with all of the wiring. The KCs are at least twice as bright and I had to spend another $25 on the cheapo lights for the wiring, switch, connectors, and relay. Buy something somewhat nice, you won't regret it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.