Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at K-mart today picking up a cable so I can hook up a TV at my sisters house. Anyways, I walked by some MP3 players, was checking them out. Ok, so they had the iPod Shuffle, $80 for 1 gig, and it doesn't even have a screen. Then there's these cheap ones there, like 2 gig for $40. There anything wrong with these? IMO the iPods are just too overpriced and I ain't paying that much for one. Hell there was a 1 gig one for $25. I think the cheaper ones were like Coby brand or something, I never heard of it.

Any better (yet cheapish) ones that you'd recommend?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
just paid 49. for a shuffle for my son. Got a 2 gig nano for myself last year for 99. Get them from the refurbed. part of apples store and you can get a good deal.

·
Custom User Title
8,287 Posts
Just like anything else you pay for a name, my RCA lyra is great as well. I have heard good things about the Sansa too.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just like anything else you pay for a name, my RCA lyra is great as well. I have heard good things about the Sansa too.
I have a Lyra that I bought a few years back, it's small though, 128 or 256 MB.

Then again I guess if I can find it I could always get an SD card to put more songs on, I'm pretty sure it will take one.

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
I had the lyra and loved it but I bought the Ipod so I could get the Nike+ stuff.

·
Your Message Here
5,856 Posts
SanDisk. Cheap and well-made.

It works with Windows Media Player and doesn't need special software.

·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Yeah, I have an old Creative Muvo that works great and is small. I also have a Toshiba Gigabeat 40gig that was less than a new iPod, and has a bigger hard drive than my computer. That thing hardly ever runs out of battery life.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was just looking at the Office Max website, they have some nice lookin MP3 players. I may have to take a look when I go back to college.

If I don't get a new one I'll just get a big SD card for my Lyra.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts