Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
The Boss
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one? Is it hard to get one? I've heard its only a written test that is easy. What are the questions about and is there any study guides or anything? How much did it cost? Thanks. I found out I can borrow my works box truck for weekends IF i have one.

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
I found out I can borrow my works box truck for weekends IF i have one.
I have one, but do you need one for that according to the State, or according to the company?

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Walk in before the state shuts down and pick up a study guide hand out and read it for 5 minutes while waiting in line. Then take test, and dish out $25~35 IIRC

·
Adrenaline my drug choice
1,045 Posts
Does anyone have one? Is it hard to get one? I've heard its only a written test that is easy. What are the questions about and is there any study guides or anything? How much did it cost? Thanks. I found out I can borrow my works box truck for weekends IF i have one.
20 ? you can get a study guide. the test is basicly word for word from guide. very easy...

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,148 Posts
yeah, it's easy.

To drive a commercial truck (up to 24' non air brake) you need to have at least a chauffeur license.

·
Geocacher!!!!!!!!!!
2,730 Posts
Straight forward test.
If you have common sense you can pass.
Study guide was given not really needed.
Don't remember cost, I think thirtysome dollars.
Good luck!!:rock:

·
The Boss
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool thanks guys. i'm not sure the size of the truck (seen it just dont know exact size) its an international, pretty big and no air brakes. i might do this. I know its company policy at least to have the license.

·
#@%$!*&$#@*
2,774 Posts
I've had mine for 16 years, i can't remember the specific questions, but they are mostly common sense. They give you a booklet to go over the laws and regulations. Should be no prob for you.

·
Das BOOT!
251 Posts
I've had mine for 16 years, i can't remember the specific questions, but they are mostly common sense. They give you a booklet to go over the laws and regulations. Should be no prob for you.

True all common sense a very easy test, No truck needed thats CDL. don't sweat it.

On question asks "Do you open your hood to put out a engine fire?" answer NO

·
Chrome Trucker Chicks Rul
3,217 Posts
Walk in before the state shuts down and pick up a study guide hand out and read it for 5 minutes while waiting in line. Then take test, and dish out $25~35 IIRC

x2

1 - 20 of 29 Posts