Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done bbq-ing dinner and since I haven't had a propane grill in a few years we have just used this old 14" charcoal grill. I prefer the conveinience of propane but damn does the charcoal produce way more flavor. i tried chips and stuff with my last propane grill but it just isn't the same. opinions?:poke:

·
Registered
452 Posts
if I want to cook on gas, I got a stove in the kitchen.

·
******* Poser
7,971 Posts
I have both. Someone at work was upgrading to the new stainless grills so I took his old gas one. Use that during the week to burn hotdogs and cook brats. Anything I want to enjoy I wait till the weekends and cook it on the coals/wood.

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
i have a weber charcoal grill but it has a small popane bottle on it to light it...which makes it much easier to get going and still get the charcoal flavor.

speaking of which, im gonna thaw out these mahi mahi filets i have and grill 'em with some fresh veggies!

·
ginger greaser
358 Posts
I was raised to cook with charcoal so I don't know how to use a gas grill.

42,950 Posts
I have a gas grill that you can put smoker briquets near the flame.

You get the quick cooking ability of propane, with the taste of the real deal

42,950 Posts
bar b que is low heat
grilling is high heat

Either way coals or wood is the only way to go.
then I only grill. Nothing like grabbing a steak that has been soaked in blare's hot sauce, and tossed on a 600 degree grill, and having it ready to eat in 2 minutes :woot:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Charcoal is the only way to go. Getting it lit and ready to cook is part of the fun of grilling. You will NEVER get a gas grill to taste as good as a charcoal one. And, you can't do beer can chicken on a gas grill. :naughty:

·
Irish R&B Singer
4,797 Posts
Charcoal is the only way to go. Getting it lit and ready to cook is part of the fun of grilling. You will NEVER get a gas grill to taste as good as a charcoal one. And, you can't do beer can chicken on a gas grill. :naughty:
B.S. i do beer butt chicken all the time on the gas........6 burner all on low works perfect

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,266 Posts

·
Home Sweet Homicide
3,685 Posts
I only have a gas grill. I don't have the patience for charcoal and use the grill way too much (probably 2-3 times a week at least). I tend to use seasonings and/or marinades and get plenty of compliments on flavor.

Brett's grilling tip-o-the-day: If your bonelss chicken breasts are drying out when you grill them, try a little adobo on them. It "seals" the juices into them. Tyr some and you will be amazed!

·
I own @ halo
1,128 Posts
I prefer charcoal but it just takes time. I really have to be in the mood to grill any more. When I was a kid we would bar-b-que. We had a grill made out of an old water tank that you would tow behind a tractor. We would marinate the meat for a few days and then start the coals a couple hours before we'd cook the meat, slap it on sometime that night and by noon the next day have it ready for consumption (we only did this for the town festivals (2 to 3 times per year))

1 - 20 of 22 Posts