Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,439 Posts
I was looking into them about a month ago. I've kind of found out that there's tons of them out there, but only a few that are actually decent. For what they are, they aren't all that much money.

I'm still trying to figure out the legality of them though. Would you have to get a VIN assigned to the bike and pull a moped tag?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Nope I have one and the SOS says just have to follow bicycle laws/rules. My Dad has 3-4 of them also, he's been riding his to work for a bit now. If you have any interest in them FM he's just over in Sand Creek and I'm sure would be more then happy to show/tell you about his setups.

·
Premium Member
5,439 Posts
I may have to go check him out.

I've spent the last hour or so checking these out. Not sure if I'd go with the chain or friction drive. I'd definitely go with the honda or subaru motor though.

·
Registered
406 Posts
those things are FUN! especially when hooked up to 21 speed cassettes! it takes a few minutes to get up to speed, but its REALLY fast. well, REALLY fast for a bicycle thats not going downhill anyways

·
Master Cocksman
8,820 Posts
My brother and I strapped a Chain Saw to a BMX bike once... It's uncomfortable trying to hold the trigger and steer/balance at the same time.

·
Can't Worry About It
1,070 Posts
they look fun thats for sure.

my dad picked up a Rotary bike (brand name) it has a 30cc 2 stroke on it and its will go about 15mph. and about 100 miles to a tank of a half gallon.

·
Web Wheeling!
1,390 Posts
My friend (Espionoza700 on here) made his own with an old Homelite chainsaw of mine.

This way isn't recommended. And just for those who ask, all the gears are for gear reduction.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,017 Posts
My friend (Espionoza700 on here) made his own with an old Homelite chainsaw of mine.

This way isn't recommended. And just for those who ask, all the gears are for gear reduction.
I'd be scared my nether regions woulf get ripped off.

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
My brother and I strapped a Chain Saw to a BMX bike once... It's uncomfortable trying to hold the trigger and steer/balance at the same time.
wtf? :sonicjay: lol and see...

people these days make their kids wear helmets, elbow, and knee pads just to go in the backyard and make sand castles.

we're raising liberal pussies. I'm gonna go trim my hair with a weed-whip.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,017 Posts
wtf? :sonicjay: lol and see...

people these days make their kids wear helmets, elbow, and knee pads just to go in the backyard and make sand castles.

we're raising liberal pussies. I'm gonna go trim my hair with a weed-whip.
Please post pics of aftermath of haircut.

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
I was looking into them about a month ago. I've kind of found out that there's tons of them out there, but only a few that are actually decent. For what they are, they aren't all that much money.
Interesting. Which are the "good ones" you found? Link(s)?

That SOOOOOO needs multiple chain guards. Holy scary dangerous setup! :tonka:

·