Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently pickup up an '04 F-150 with a bit of a driveline vibration. Figured it might need ujoints or a balance, but I found that this particular model came with staked Neapco joints, requiring a broaching tool to cut away the tabs and a fairly non-standard u-joint replacement size. 1.066" cups at 3.787" span compared to standard 1.062" and 3.625" span. Luckily, I found CCI Driveline in Casco, MI offering a direct replacement shaft for $350 shipped, saving me all the hassle of messing with the staked joints, and allowing for standard sized greaseable replacement joints to be used in the future.

I ordered the driveshaft Thursday night, it shipped Friday, and I received it Saturday morning via Fed-Ex. It was well-packed, used quality components, and the welds are super clean. A few pictures for reference, and I went ahead and sprayed it black for a couple weeks worth of corrosion resistance at least... :sonicjay:

I'm very happy with the part, the price, and the overall process. Highly recommended!

https://www.ccidriveline.com/

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,044 Posts
They do great work. Anytime a customer wants driveshaft work done, I send them there. Actually just sent a customer there today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts