Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you be wary of someone saying they will offer cash for something you're selling?

He's offering $3,600 in cash, but I am wary of it being counterfeit. Would a money order or certified cashier's check be the route to go?

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
I'm just kidding with you. I have bought and sold things, cash, for more than that. I guess you have to decide if it's someone that seems trustworthy. I would trust cash more than some cashiers check though.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I always try to buy used vehicles in cash. My 87 chevy was cash, my comanche was cash, my cherokee was cash. My quad was cash. When I am approved at the bank I tell them I would like cash and I usually have to give them a day or two but it hasn't been a problem for me before.

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's not that I don't have the balls. I'm not willing to part with my motorcycle over counterfeit cash. This will be after I'm out of work, so meeting at a bank is out of the question because they will not be open.

The whole deal sounds sketchy of someone wanting to pick up a motorcycle sight unseen in the Winter with cash, especially a reasonable amount like $3,600.

Sorry I don't have balls according to some of you, but I'd rather have the brains and slight paranoia to avoid getting ripped off.

·
Young Gun..!
2,977 Posts
i took 3200 in 100s for my jeep parts.. i mean i understand your concern but if the guy seems respectable than go with it.. if hes all gangster lookig with his hat on sidways and pants by his knees than tell him to get a money order.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.