Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
i like jungle gym's.
10,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so alot of the trails have been closed were i did the poker run last year. so i am going to do a poker run -trail ride from ruby creek bar. many trails close. we can make this the west side pig gig. thinking first week in oct or later. need suggestions? would suggest staying sat night so camping at the bar. they have a campground right there. westside guys chime in.
ok sept 29 is the run. it is from river city inn at ruby creek.ph #231 898 3456.. i suggest if you want to camp call and make reservations. the camp ground is right behind the bar. it will be 10.00 a jeep. that will get you the run and camping for fri, sat, sun, nights if you want to stay for 3 nights. so poker run and up to 3 nights of camping for 10.00!!!! i think thats a good deal. lots of parking there. they also are having a langerie show mon night for the hunters, so if you really want to take a vacation stay around for that. wow!! is all i will say. the address for river city inn is, 8347 e washington rd, branch mi 49402.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Keep posting info, I'd be willing to do this. Camping sounds like a good time too. Only problem I can see with the date is the start of bow hunting...we may not be appreciated doing a poker run in the woods.

·
iamfawkinwithyou
20,722 Posts
Keep posting info, I'd be willing to do this. Camping sounds like a good time too. Only problem I can see with the date is the start of bow hunting...we may not be appreciated doing a poker run in the woods.
We had this problem last year, but hey its public land deal with it or buy your own to hunt on:sonicjay:

·
i like jungle gym's.
10,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes we ran into that last year. bow hunting starts oct1 or 15th? i dont get out to hunt much so cant remember off the top of my head. we had problum with hunters tearing down our markers for the poker run last year. so we have a way around that but rather not deal with it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Bow Hunting starts Oct. 1.

[/COLOR]

We had this problem last year, but hey its public land deal with it or buy your own to hunt on:sonicjay:
Not to sound like an ass to the hunters, but I have the same mindset. I just thought I would bring the hunting up as a notice.

I also don't want to have to worry about hunters messing with the trail markers or confrontations.

·
give 'er sh*t ay?
1,029 Posts
when would this be happening??? id be intrested.

·
i like jungle gym's.
10,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i am going to get everyones opinion on when? first weekend in oct or later, throw some dates out there. the trails are legal until nov 15th. like stated i have some private property to wheel on also.

·
iamfawkinwithyou
20,722 Posts
Earlier the better, my cj gets cold with just a bikini top and doors :bdr2:

·
i like jungle gym's.
10,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Give Pat a call he needs to be there too. :thumb:
btt
they are at the cabin now. i told him i will let him know what is going on.

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,619 Posts
Sounds great,

I would try to make it, and should be there with a group of about 6-8 heeps.

thanks

·
6'-5" 209LB 16YR LEFTWING
15,745 Posts
be careful - there is a state law against harrassing hunters, I know this is not the intention of the good people on this board, but if you send a lot of vehicles down a two track where there is a bow hunter, they can and will contact the DNR. (no one wants to spend an hour with a C.O. explaining things) I'm not saying that you are doing anything wrong, but bow hunters only have october through december to hunt deer, we have all year to ride, please take this into consideration. A lot of the people in that area use venison as a main source of meat for their table.
The people I know that are doing this Poker Run are good people, I'm just asking that you give the hunters a break.

·
i like jungle gym's.
10,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
be careful - there is a state law against harrassing hunters, I know this is not the intention of the good people on this board, but if you send a lot of vehicles down a two track where there is a bow hunter, they can and will contact the DNR. (no one wants to spend an hour with a C.O. explaining things) I'm not saying that you are doing anything wrong, but bow hunters only have october through december to hunt deer, we have all year to ride, please take this into consideration. A lot of the people in that area use venison as a main source of meat for their table.
The people I know that are doing this Poker Run are good people, I'm just asking that you give the hunters a break.
the ccc runs a fall color tour every year in oct. 200+ dirt bikes going through the woods, and it is 100% legal. i respect the hunters and will not run until 11 or 12. so should not bother them.trying to figure out a good date is the hard part. the last weekend in sept would be good, would not bother the hunters. what you guys think?

·
Premium Member
9,322 Posts
Last weekend in Sept. might even be interesting to me. All I need to do is get something together and go play. I always liked the Crystal Valley bar anyway. As for River City camping I would think wherever your cabin is it would be better than River City.

·
6'-5" 209LB 16YR LEFTWING
15,745 Posts
I have a family cabin in that area as well, ...........a little rustic, but it will sleep 10 pretty easy. (and it has heat)

·
i like jungle gym's.
10,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
yea you are like 4 miles from my place.

·
iamfawkinwithyou
20,722 Posts
buy private land if it is that important to get a deer:sonicjay:

End of sept works

1 - 20 of 193 Posts