Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this article has me more pissed than I've been in a while - if you love dogs you may not want to read:

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...15/04/03/dog-arrow-shot-head-lapeer/25260025/

The "owner" still has to sign over rights? I get the farmer mentality when it comes to an aggressive dog and kid, but towards another dog?

If you're going to do what he did - and I'm at a loss to understand how you would do that to your own dog - follow through and do it humanely for fuck sake! What a sack of shit. People like this should be neutered at a minimum.

·
Old School
33,042 Posts
We have had the occasional 'aggressive dog' and generally had no problem finding a new home.

We did have to have one put down for being aggressive, but that dog was old and likely senile.

Like the article says, there are other options.

·
2000 xj
1,498 Posts
Oh lets go with the pit bull. That's crap. I know several pit bulls and they are very friendly dogs.i have a friend who has a pit that has helped with their ptsd also

·
Old School
33,042 Posts
We had our beagle mix put down because it became aggressive.

And by aggressive, I mean it bit me, bit my wife, went after the kids, and killed our parakeet.

It was a tough decision, but when he came very close to biting a friend's 2 year old, that was it.

That dog was almost 18 years old, it was my wife's dog when we met. For a year after we were married it was the most docile, hell, lazy dog I had ever seen. Then it just went nuts.

·
Master Cocksman
8,820 Posts
When I was a kid my neighbor ha a part wolf/husky mix. Never had a problem with any of the neighborhood kids. I walked up to him one day and was petting him as I and others commonly did. He flipped his head around a locked down on my hand. Got free, ran home. My mom bandaged it up, and we to the neighbors house to get it's medical history info before going the hospital. She knocked on the door, and when the neighbor answered, she said, "Mike, we have a problem with your dog." He looked down, saw what happened and said, "Not for long". Turned around got his 12 gauge, walked past us out to the dog. Point blank to the back of the head. Walked back up and started apologizing, said to send him all the medical bills. He had no tolerance for an animal that harmed kids.

If you have to put an animal down, quick and humane is the only way. A cross bow to the head. No.

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,165 Posts
When I was a kid my neighbor ha a part wolf/husky mix. Never had a problem with any of the neighborhood kids. I walked up to him one day and was petting him as I and others commonly did. He flipped his head around a locked down on my hand. Got free, ran home. My mom bandaged it up, and we to the neighbors house to get it's medical history info before going the hospital. She knocked on the door, and when the neighbor answered, she said, "Mike, we have a problem with your dog." He looked down, saw what happened and said, "Not for long". Turned around got his 12 gauge, walked past us out to the dog. Point blank to the back of the head. Walked back up and started apologizing, said to send him all the medical bills. He had no tolerance for an animal that harmed kids.

If you have to put an animal down, quick and humane is the only way. A cross bow to the head. No.
We need to do this to people.

·
97 GMC
207 Posts
:poke:

Just another form of execution, only on life that much more precious than a dog. Not saying putting an arrow in your dogs head is the right thing to do.
And...you would execute the doctor?......Makes you no better than the twit that shot the dog.

·
97 GMC
207 Posts
Monkeybiz...."If you have to put an animal down, quick and humane is the only way. A cross bow to the head. No."

Immortal...."We need to do this to people."

You...."The ones we call abortion doctors?"

Me...."You are a self righteous moron"

1 - 20 of 37 Posts