Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The news said he is leading 52% to 48%

How is it possible he could get re-elected?

If I was hendrix and lost to Kwame, I may shoot myself!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
512 Posts
The people in detroit like Kwame. One of the guys I work with gets prtty upset if you say anything bad about Kwame and will go on and on about all the good he has done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,888 Posts
GreaseMonkey said:
Yea, after all the crap Kwame did it amazes me people would still vote for him.
I belive the newspaper had a story that 35-40 % of detroit was functionally illiterate, plus when you factor in the conspircacy theroy people, the old black panther contingency, the nation of islam types, everyone on Kwames friends and family plan, plus the fact that the city clerk jackie curry mailed out 380,000 ( yes three hundred and eighty thousand) not legit absentee ballots to dead people, people who dontreside in the city anymore, or vacant lots i can totally see Kwame win. So many detroiters have no self esteem and dont expect anything, they are like battered wifes.

It reminds me of the Chris rock joke where the guy is bragging that "hey man give me credit i ain't been to jail, i dont do drugs, i pay my child support" :junk: chris rock: you low expectation having mother f'er thats stuff your supposed to do. Ignorant fools. You want an ward for doing the bare minimum.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,939 Posts
Facinates me, that people that don't live or work in Detroit actually car who is Mayor.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shawn said:
Facinates me, that people that don't live or work in Detroit actually car who is Mayor.
Yup, me too. Not like a major part of our economy comes from the City.

Plus my wife does work in the city, so it has an impact (although minimal) on us.

And I kinda like the way we have NO pride in a major city that is in the area, I like not having to deal with tourist $$ coming in b/c the place is a **** hole that people are afraid of.

Sorry, I am VERY pro-DETROIT
 

·
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
Joined
·
15,014 Posts
well i think many people want to believe that he is an honest man and its the white media that portraying him as the criminal that he is.
Quit buying prostitutes, no u quit buying prostitutes. -Quammy Kilpatric.:stan:
 

·
skillicous
Joined
·
12,844 Posts
people love him, whats not to like. He acts like 75% of Detroiters would if they were elceted Mayor.... Party at the mansion... I'll get the stripper
 
Joined
·
42,948 Posts
Channel 4 just scrolled on the top, Kwame up with 52% of the vote...

And the reporter stated Hendrix has a commanding 60% of the votes..

wtf
 

·
skillicous
Joined
·
12,844 Posts
52 is the projected once they do the absentie ballads and a few other districts

hendrix at 60 is the current that have been reported
 
Joined
·
42,948 Posts
Bones said:
52 is the projected once they do the absentie ballads and a few other districts

hendrix at 60 is the current that have been reported
What ever happened with absentie ballots?

I remmeber hearing detroit has a 45 percent AB voting, where the national average is 20%
 

·
Dont Feed the Cyco
Joined
·
17,302 Posts
clarkstoncracker said:
Channel 4 just scrolled on the top, Kwame up with 52% of the vote...

And the reporter stated Hendrix has a commanding 60% of the votes..

wtf

Thats DEEtroit math for you. If you went to public school in the city you would have learned the 52+60= A crap hole city.

Me -->
<-- Kwaime voters

If they re-elect him I give up on the city. I think this is their last chance to try to turn the city around.
 

·
skillicous
Joined
·
12,844 Posts
they are being counted at Cobo or something.... I think there are 45,000 absentie Ballots
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They are saying the absentee ballot will make this election.

Two weeks ago I did not think Kwame has a shot in hell

AMAZING
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,888 Posts
shawn said:
Facinates me, that people that don't live or work in Detroit actually car who is Mayor.

Can i opt out of my tax contribution that goes to detroit and you can cover my portion?

What about us suburban folk who suffere from border jumping criminals. Car thefts. If your car gets stolen and the thief makes it to detroit border you can kiss it goodbye forever, the cops do not pursue stolen cars from detroiters, and you can guarantee as an uppity cake eatin' ****** from the suburbs they will turn the other way to your stolen car. In the 1 in a thousand chance that they pursue a guy and catch him detroit courts will go easy on him.

I would like Detroit to be Chicago Jr. I dont see how we can possibly be as nice as chicago in the next 50 years but were not even in competition. We could be a nice city. Of course anyone in michigan who pays their taxes should car about detroit. It is a huge cancer on the state, and a huge parasite to the tax system. :miff:
 

·
skillicous
Joined
·
12,844 Posts
I care a lot. Living in Wayne Co means some of my taxes go there. If Detroit ever turned their **** around and became more popular, my property value would increase, and besides, I like Detroit... I like Greektown, I like downtown and Eastern Market and I'de like to see it cleaned up and the old buildings turned into nice living arangements.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
jamiesann said:
Can i opt out of my tax contribution that goes to detroit and you can cover my portion?

What about us suburban folk who suffere from border jumping criminals. Car thefts. If your car gets stolen and the thief makes it to detroit border you can kiss it goodbye forever, the cops do not pursue stolen cars from detroiters, and you can guarantee as an uppity cake eatin' ****** from the suburbs they will turn the other way to your stolen car. In the 1 in a thousand chance that they pursue a guy and catch him detroit courts will go easy on him.

I would like Detroit to be Chicago Jr. I dont see how we can possibly be as nice as chicago in the next 50 years but were not even in competition. We could be a nice city. Of course anyone in michigan who pays their taxes should car about detroit. It is a huge cancer on the state, and a huge parasite to the tax system. :miff:
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
WELL SAID
 

·
Dont Feed the Cyco
Joined
·
17,302 Posts
jamiesann said:
We could be a nice city. Of course anyone in michigan who pays their taxes should car about detroit. It is a huge cancer on the state, and a huge parasite to the tax system. :miff:
They want us to care when it benifits them. Didnt they want Oakland county to help pay to remodel Cobo? I would love to be able to go to Detroit and have a good time like you can in Chicago and/ or Toronto. It will never happen with people running it like we have now. that includes city council.

Lonny Bates ring a bell? I hope the city goes into receivership. Maybe we could finally gets some new faces running the city that might actually care about it. It really is sad that more people outside of the city care about it than people from it. :mad:
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top