Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Desert Rat
7,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears the powers that be in that state have enacted a ban on sale of gas generators.
Yes, the state that can’t keep the lights on, and has mandated electric vehicles before building the grid the power them has a ban on new gas generators taking effect in 2028.

The new law affects portable gas-powered generators that run under 25 horsepower. These types of generators may be used to power a fridge or other mid-sized appliances.

Huson says he's focused on making sure his customers have the power and support they need, regardless of what the product is. However, he did raise some concerns that many people, including wildfire survivors, may not be able to afford the transition to electric.

"I get the environment and wanting to reduce our emissions," he said. "[The worry is] the expense and the reliability. If everything is battery-powered and electric, and I don’t have a way to charge that back up, then I don’t have a reliable source of power."
World Organism Font Adaptation Geological phenomenon

·
Gustafson
10,704 Posts
Interesting how they say if you have one you can continue using the one you have. They are so generous. I see a mass exodus from California in years to come.
Doubt it...

·
I'll Direc your TV
9,327 Posts
That makes zero sense? Are these people really that dense, to think that all these "new" battery powerbanks are the way to go? Ones like Jackery, they make a good product, but they're $1,000+ for a small unit.

You still have to charge a battery bank, you still have to have some power generation to start with. I'm a huge fan of solar, but to charge even a medium sized jackery powerbank takes almost 10 hours of direct sunlight, with two 100w panels (sold seperatly of course).

A 2000w generator, quiet, fuel efficient, dual fuel (gas or lp) costs half that, and it has contonious power supply. It's a much better option IMO for emergency use. And it's half the price.

i'll never understand that moronic state.

·
Desert Rat
7,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
While going down that rabbit hole, I found this gem as well.
SACRAMENTO – The California Air Resources Board (CARB) recently previewed the Heavy-Duty Inspection and Maintenance Program (HD I/M), which is due to begin phasing in on Jan. 1, 2023, at an enforcement truck event held at the Port of Los Angeles. CARB used the event, where more than 1200 trucks were screened, to help make owners and operators aware of the new ‘smog check’ requirements for heavy-duty vehicles and the phase-in timeline. The program is the first in the nation of its kind and will ensure that emissions control systems on heavy-duty vehicles operate effectively for the life of the vehicle, improving air quality and protecting public health.

The HD I/M program will apply to all heavy-duty trucks, buses, agricultural equipment and personal motorhomes with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of more than 14,000 pounds travelling in the state regardless of whether they are registered in California.

·
I'll Direc your TV
9,327 Posts
While going down that rabbit hole, I found this gem as well.
Well there's a way to limit tourist to your state

·
I'll Direc your TV
9,327 Posts
I wonder if Whitmer would follow Newsome/ California lead on this?
If she tried, that'd be the nail in her coffin for elections. California has the voter base for something like that. I don't believe that Michigan does.

·
Desert Rat
7,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If she tried, that'd be the nail in her coffin for elections. California has the voter base for something like that. I don't believe that Michigan does.
She is smart enough to wait until after the election.
I believe she has expressed a desire to shut down pipelines, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Line 5 i believe. Under the straits of mackinaw. It's kind of a piece of shit though, leaks a bunch... but she can't just close it down. We'll be fucked. We need enbridge to step up and build the tunnel for the pipeline instead of shutting it down. That line supplies 55% of the propane for the entire state... among other things we need for our economy.

·
I'll Direc your TV
9,327 Posts
Not I... I refuse to travel to that state.

I made that decision 20 years ago...
Which is just sad, I would love to visit northern California, some beautiful country there. That whole state is just a lost cause, unfourtinitly.

·
Gustafson
10,704 Posts
Which is just sad, I would love to visit northern California, some beautiful country there. That whole state is just a lost cause, unfortunately.
Yep I know,. but I refuse to be apart of the madness that is California. I'll spend my money elsewhere.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts