Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a guy the other day and he said he wheels near cadillac alot where there is some pretty good stuff. I think he said the trail followed the power lines, but i'm not sure. Anybody know anything good up in that area. I will probably be going the first weekend of october.

·
Tap Tap Splat
15,560 Posts
I was talking to a guy the other day and he said he wheels near cadillac alot where there is some pretty good stuff. I think he said the trail followed the power lines, but i'm not sure. Anybody know anything good up in that area. I will probably be going the first weekend of october.
Born and raised in Cadillac, lived there for 20 years. Theres a lot of 2-tracks, but most all of the stuff is passable in grandma's Cadillac. Also, I cannot think of any power lines in the area that are legal to wheel on.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
There is a few good trails around Mesick and west by tippy dam. all 2wd anymore. great color tour area though. There is a power line that has a Rd running along it but the 4wd trails on said power line is off limits. The only good 4wd areas that are legal are on private lands now. The cadillac areas trails are great to ride on anyways.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there anything a little more tough up there in that area? Aren't there some decent ones over by west branch?

·
used to be Ironman
3,215 Posts
Is there anything a little more tough up there in that area? Aren't there some decent ones over by west branch?
Look around in the rules and regulations forum here and you will see that "good ones" I assume you mean being able to use your transfer case, are not an option in Michigan. We live in a two wheel drive state!

If you desire to use your transfer case you can venture to the Mounds, Silver Lake, St. Helens motorsport area or Bull Gap. Then there is the private parks one of which is Turtle Ridge on Drummond Island. Sorry to burst your bubble.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
I have access to some realy cool private land . I am thinking on setting up a trail ride there next month with the Cad.Jeepers. If we are able to squeeze more in I,ll post it up. 200 acres can fit alot. I wheel there often and everyone that I have taken wants to go again.

Private lands is what Mi. 4 wheelin is all about now ,So make as many friends as you can with access to private land .

I also have a neighbor who has a 15+ acre gravel pit that I may be able to get the use of. I will post a ride when this works out.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i can vouch for the land that ron speaks of it is alot of fun and i cant wait till the next run out there let me know when ya wanna make that st hellen trun ron and ill come out

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
i can vouch for the land that ron speaks of it is alot of fun and i cant wait till the next run out there let me know when ya wanna make that st hellen trun ron and ill come out
Sad news untill Dec. The land has been leased for hunting!!! So it looks like a Christmas run there now.

Let me know when you rigs ready to go and we can head to St. Hellens

·
welfare wheeler
6,989 Posts
we are doing the m triangle project. this will be a full size orv trail. we are trying to map all the trails around caddilac between m37/m55/ and m115. what ive seen so far was not challenging for a jeep on 35's with 2 lockers. when it is finished it could however become much more challenging with alot of use. mostly hills and sand. if you would like to help in this project and see some of the trails we working on contact trailfanatic or jarhead from glfwda. we could use alot more help in this and some other gps mapping projects.
i did need 4wheel to get up a couple of hills all the rest was done in 2wd. some very scenic trails also. we coverd alot of trail the day i went out to help. it was alot of fun!
if you can get involved, it can only help! SUPPORT THE SPORT!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts