Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
still goin
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping either somebody on here knows or would be willing to measure it on there truck, but I want to know the length of the bigblock c-6 and np205, when bolted together, from the front of the transmisison to the rear tailshaft of the t-case.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
I was hoping either somebody on here knows or would be willing to measure it on there truck, but I want to know the length of the bigblock c-6 and np205, when bolted together, from the front of the transmisison to the rear tailshaft of the t-case.
I might be able to do that for you. My t-case is in the back of my truck and my BB C6 is in the garage. I will try to get them together next week hope that's soon enough to help.

·
FORD The Best Never Rest
2,521 Posts
It also depends on what tail housing adapter you run. There are 2, a long one (i believe it is about 8") and a short (5").

·
Registered
16 Posts
the original c6 205 set-up in my 79 bronco used the long adapter and have put in one from a f150 which had the short adapter.

·
bronco built for fun
610 Posts
I have 2 broncos, one has the short tail shaft, one the long shaft. I really don't know if there is any ryme or reason Ford followed putting them in. I will measure tonight though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts