Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a day, I am in the process of building the wife a huge pugula above our deck. I have been at this most of the summer. today I was ripping 16' 2x6" and the saw over heated and quit. I waited a for a while and the motor didn't reset. so I had an extra motor sitting on a shelf for like 10 years. I dug it out and mounted up on the old Crapman saw. it works ok but not quite as powerful. so needless to say I was busy doing something and heard a click noise. the damn motor reset! so instead of pulling it apart and putting it back on the saw it was just the right size to fit my way under powered crapsman belt sander. so after I changed the polarity it was bolted up and now I have a 1 hp belt sander! very hard to stall it now.

·
broken
5,093 Posts
:rock:

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't go wearing loose gloves on 36 grit with that belt sander or you'll lose a finger.:stan: :rock: :thumb:
I think I have 50 grit on it right now.

as for gloves you need to talk to Mike. he had the last 1" of his thumb ripped off by our old belt sander at work...never wear gloves around spinning machines!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts