Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that they don't make a product specifically for my mitsubishi montero...but I need something that comes out a little and covers up some tire...the boys in blue are either romantically interested in me or they're breaking there necks to eyeball measure me...or maybe it's the "I love cops" sticker on the bumper...
At any rate I'm wondering if any of you jeepers can tell me of a model of jeep that would closely match this mitsu....I can throw up a picture if you want.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,451 Posts
2 things:

1) Yup, there are NO LAWS in Michigan governing fender flares for NON COMMERCIL vehicles. This was just discussed recently (I'm not gonna take the time to find it) but I contacted the MSP and got a reply from them stating the above.

2) Bushwackers are notorious for cracking & breaking when rubbed up against trees. Go for the Zinon (sp?). They flex and bend rather than breaking.

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
I had great success with mine when they got near trees. . . it's seems to be a case by case basis.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,451 Posts
I watched 3 flares get wiped out by one tree in a tight & twisty trail. 2 on one vehicle & one on another. Plust a few others over the years.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's some pictures...
Top three are from the pig gig this year... My brother-in-law hauled my truck up there with that s-10 blazer that you see...We dropped a 350 in it and couldn't get a decent computer for the throttle body, so he bought a new intake and we dropped a duel feed holly on it that we had in the shop...Well, it took us almost 3 tanks of gas to get up to the pig gig from st. johns to west branch.. Fowled the spark plugs and it wouldn't start for the trail rides... Ran up to autozone and dropped almost 3 bills on an edelbrock and changed the plugs and then made it home on a half a take of gas...
At any rate about the fender flares...if I don't need them to be street legal then I'm not interested, I've got way to many other things to put my money into....

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
looks good without fender flares, I'd keep it just the way it is.
x2. big ass flares would just eff up the look of it.

I am envious of those smokers windows though. makes me miss the old isuzu Trooper.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, you wouldn't believe all the compliments I get....makes me feel good about the 2000+ hrs wrenchin and the $4500 that I dropped into it.
Gotta say though, ifn my brother-in-law didn't pitch in it wouldn't be nothin...
I love my truck.

·
Recovering XJ owner
5,620 Posts
I'm sure the ones for an XJ would be close ... when I quit DDing mine, I ditched the flares. They aren't too tree or rock friendly, I ripped two off in one trip ... maybe it has something to do with how I drive???

This pic is a few years old, but I think you can get the jist of them on and off a similar vehicle.

The pic isn't the best ... I'll try and find a better one later.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
shit to....
that truck looks exactly like mine, but like I said ain't worth addin them unless I'd have money to just throw into the truck....know what i mean..
for the price of a set of new bushwackers I could have all kinds of stuff...
Like the carpeting you can put on your ceiling that has little balls hangin down.

·
Recovering XJ owner
5,620 Posts
Like the carpeting you can put on your ceiling that has little balls hangin down.
This would be a way better mod than flares ... same reason I still have woodgrain on my dash board. :tonka:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I already installed a special dome light..changes colors...can't see shit if it's dark out, but once the disco ball drops down it sure does put all the ladies in a trance. Then it's out with the candy.

·
Recovering XJ owner
5,620 Posts
I already installed a special dome light..changes colors...can't see shit if it's dark out, but once the disco ball drops down it sure does put all the ladies in a trance. Then it's out with the candy.
:tonka: Now your creeping me out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts