Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Balls Deep
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what we call a "bus truck" around here. It is a school bus with the "cab" shortened up to a "single cab" or "short cab" for you wierdos. The rear then gets a flatbed and is used to haul cherries around.

This one though, is built with a dove tail, ramps, headache/chain rack, and a Tulsa PTO winch for hauling equipment around.

It is a Chevy chassis with a 366 and a five speed. The engine is getting tired, but always runs and gets the job done.

This would be a great truck for hauling around your wheeling rig. Would be good for hauling scrap iron too!

It is pretty easy to drive although it is certainly no speed demon. It is a handy size as the wheelbase is short enough to maneuver around in the orchards and whatnot, but still enough to drive nicely. This has been used for hauling farm equipment for decades. We built a new toter type hauler with a gooseneck for hauling bigger, taller, and heavier farm equipment now, so the old one is up for sale, as we only used it a few times this year.

You could even put a truck camper or pop-up on the front of the deck, and still haul a buggy on the back if you wanted.

I'll get more details soon and update with more dimensions and specs.

$3000

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,012 Posts
I like the passenger seat.

·
Balls Deep
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pulled this back out for the summer. Still available for your toy hauling needs!

The passenger seat is vintage modular design. It's positioning is infinite, and is easily removable for using around a camp fire. I believe that Bombardier copied this design for their side by side's removable seats.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts