Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
derbydude
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody on here planning on racing or attending? I am building 3 front wheel drive cars this year , 2 bump and run cars ,1 is demo derby car . I plan on being in Davisburg July 9th with two of these cars and my buddies grandson for the Power Wheels race. Anybody else racing ????

·
missmrgreenagain
21,341 Posts
I normally watch it every year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
derbydude
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
power wheelz race? what are the details on that?
for ages 3 to 10 stock power wheels as you buy them from the store child needs helmet course is usually set up around a big tire and a couple of orange cones I think they race like five laps in the dirt you can find some on YouTube

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,486 Posts
We had customers in from Alabama a few years back and instead of the usual dinner at a nice restaurant, I suggested this. Between all the wife beater t-shirts, mohawks and shirts saying "show me your tits", these guys all turned to me and said "Don't you ever call us red necks again!" LOL Years later I still hear about it. :sonicjay: But they had a blast.

·
derbydude
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We had customers in from Alabama a few years back and instead of the usual dinner at a nice restaurant, I suggested this. Between all the wife beater t-shirts, mohawks and shirts saying "show me your tits", these guys all turned to me and said "Don't you ever call us red necks again!" LOL Years later I still hear about it. :sonicjay: But they had a blast.

Yeah, thank god my wife loves and supports me , she's always telling me stories of her encounters in the stands ( usually not good ones either). And the pit area isn't any better ... A lot of language I could do without..

·
derbydude
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
for ages 3 to 10 stock power wheels as you buy them from the store child needs helmet course is usually set up around a big tire and a couple of orange cones I think they race like five laps in the dirt you can find some on YouTube
You can find rules on. ( unique motorsports. Inc)

·
offensive 2 the sensitive
2,853 Posts
No but Ill probably be in the tug pulls again. Ive got a buddy that does the derby and figure 8 races. Johnny wilder and Travis Smith

·
derbydude
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Well managed to pull off a second place at the eagle last night , went nose to nose for the last 4-5 hits and done mine in . had a blast been 8 years since last demo derby car I ran . a little hardware and $300.00 .(car is junk now).

·
Live Action!
15,748 Posts
Post up the dates next time, I would like to come watch and there is a good chance I could get hooked and maybe enter the madness.

·
derbydude
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I maybe switching gears a little for the Thurs show at Davisburg. Not sure if he will have enough fwd stock cars or not , so I may just bring the 94 explorer for tough truck contest instead. I will still bring my reg off-road fwd car as well . either way I will have 2 vechiles of some sort.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts