Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Boost Withdrawl
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the guy who does this little venture:
http://diywebworks.com/

I'm looking to set up a page for my used-car selling hobby that has its own domain name and has things like a info request form.

What have you used? Looks like thats 5/month for 50MB space and 1GB bandwidth, but I have no idea if thats enough or how fast its used when you have a decent amount of hits.

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
I use www.dreamhost.com for my private domain that I chiefly use to host family photographs on. I have like 2 gigs of space, and way more bandwidth than I'll ever need/use.

I think it's 5 sub domains, and lord knows how many e-mail aliases I'll never use, as well as php and mysql access.

they run a referral program, which I also don't use, and for the longest time, upon initial sign up you could get the entire year, as well as the domain registration for $7.77 in honor of their 7th anniversary, which was actually last year.

this is my 2nd year, and I didn't feel like messing around trying to scam a 2nd year out of the deal - $120 for the entire year's hosting this year if I recall correctly.

edit: guess I should read their newsletters more often - it's quite a bit more than 2 gigs these days I guess...

·
8,046 Posts
Didn't gl or cracker enterprizes sell space or whatever you call it?

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
I'm going with that, sounds pretty good to me!!!

Thanks Rye-bread as well.
no problem. like most of america, when things are moderately priced, and once in it, it's often all too easy to just keep renewing. I've been too busy, and admittedly lazy to shop around and see if Dreamhosts' deal is still competitive.

From kelly's link, I'm on the high side probably, especially since I don't use many of the features, but at only an equivalent of $10/month it hasn't hit my budget pressure point, or had any major service outages that would cause me to spend the time to jump ship. *shrug*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts