Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to put some money into my TJ. I am thinking around 3-3.5" lift and running 33s. I have 8 johnny joints laying in my garage now so I am thinking about building my own adjustable short control arms. Should I make them about as long as stock control arms? Is it worth building my own? It doesnt look like it would be very hard. I'm not a suspension guru otherwise I would try and setup a long arm. I need this to be as reliable as possible being that it is my DD. What do you guys think?
Josh

·
1997 stock Wrangler
576 Posts
ya for sure build them if you have access.. i would make them fully collapsed at factory distances and then you can adjust them longer.. since most of the time after a lift you need longer arms... front rear and upper..

OR forget the idea and sell me the joints!!!!!

·
Wasn't this attached?
4,125 Posts
any suggestions for springs? was thinking RE. Do you think I can squeeze 33s under OME 2.5" I want to keep it as low as possible.
Yes, but maybe a slight bit of rub during flex. I would run it.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
TJ's have a lot of wheel well room, you can fit 31's with little rub on a factory set up,
2.5" and 33's should be a no-brainer, you will like it I think. If you are DD'ing it the poly bushing on one end is the way to go, it will soak up some of the road noise that is transfered through the control arms. Good luck with the mods.:thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.