Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Yea, it makes sense to have, I would like to do french drains.

I would like to install leaf filters, 14' sidewalls and I don't like heights, I don't want to go up there ever. And what you said makes me feel better about spending extra on it.
You'll also probably want to install ice shields to keep ice from falling off your roof and taking your gutters out..
I don't have those either, and after a snow, as soon as the sun comes out all the snow comes off my 14' eve and makes big ass ice piles next to shop... it's only a matter of time before someone gets hurt or the ice dents the hell out of my sidewalls.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
In case you haven’t yet , get your garage doors ordered before you need them, I just went to order my door again after my contractor left me
Hanging, if i order today the earliest I’d get my door would be mid November
Yeah, I had to drive down to Indiana to buy one from a guy who buys returns at Menards, and also raises Alpacas lmao... Good times.

I built in November, wouldn't have had my door until March.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
1996 Ford Bronco 5.8 4X4
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Garage doors are included in the build. They haven't said anything about being backordered. I think they said 2-3 weeks ago last Monday, So I'm expecting a call about something being backordered next week. Hope I'm wrong, but that's just what I expect nowadays.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Mine were included in the kit.

As the barn was being built they said, btw, we can't get your door for four months.

Once I found one I was easily able to get a credit though.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
1996 Ford Bronco 5.8 4X4
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Mine were included in the kit.

As the barn was being built they said, btw, we can't get your door for four months.

Once I found one I was easily able to get a credit though.
I think this place actually builds everything in house, so I'm hoping not.

Reactions: Jrgunn5150
61 - 65 of 65 Posts