Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking for a swing out tire carrier/bumper/reciever hitch for my 03 tj. i know there are many skilled welders on this forum. i just cant justify spending 700 on a swing out that isn't even rated for towing. granded i'm only towing a small trailer with 2 dirt bike or a single jet ski every once in a while. i stumbled across nates4x4 and liked the bumper and really liked the price but he doesn't answer any of my calls or emails. would anyone be interested in making me a swing out? must have sturdy 2" receiver, 2 d-ring tabs, swing out for 35" tire, and high clearance corners. i'd be willing to pay around 400.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
brimy311, i just emailed you guys @ jcr. i've looked at your bumpers several times before. i like the construction. hopefully we can work something out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nate from nates4x4.com ended up getting back to me today. he's a hard guy to get a hold of and very busy. check with jcr.com and cootersoffroad.com, both of which make awesome swing outs but nobody could touch nate's price at $360. so he's building one for me this week. thank you everyone for all your help and offers to build a swing out for me. special thanks to snohog for suggesting jason at cooters off road in midland. for those who are looking, he will make a swing out with any reasonable design you want for $570. jcr also offered me a basic setup with receiver, d-rings, swing out, and bumper for $445 with the option to add light cut outs and high lift mount. just couldn't pass up the price from nate.

·
hug life
10,197 Posts
prepare to wait 2 - 3 months from what i have read,
good quality from all builders but if you search on here you will find you get what you pay for and customer service is ....

PRICELESS...

personally i would have gone with JCR, they have a great track record in customer servic, qualitiy and price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts