Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 88 dodge dakota 4x4 3.9 ,
the brakes lines were all rusted pretty bad, so ive changed all the brake lines from master cylinder to rear of truck and new wheel cylinders on rear, i put in new lines from master cylinder to the first servo thingy, i did not change teh front lines as they all looked like they had already been changed at one time, i also put new caliper both sides on front. my problem is, that i have good pressure during bleeding in teh back, but no pressure on front wheels during bleeding at all, it will drip fluid but doesnt blow it like it should when bleeder screw is open and pedal is depressed.

no i figured it might be the rubber lines plugged so i disconnected the right front side. blue compressed air through it and air came out other end. so im thinking the rubber lines arent my problem,

so now i need advice as to where to go from here,
im wondering fi it could be the servo thingy thats pluged up or something,

servo thingy = the device where the master cylinder lines
go in and then the back end line goes out and the front line goes out.

please help im desperate.

thanks for any advice i can get

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
1996 Ford Bronco 5.8 4X4
13,143 Posts
How many times did you go through the bleeding process? If there is air in the lines sometimes it takes like 10-15 times to get all the air out.

·
Chillin with the top off.
4,891 Posts
i have a 88 dodge dakota 4x4 3.9 ,
the brakes lines were all rusted pretty bad, so ive changed all the brake lines from master cylinder to rear of truck and new wheel cylinders on rear, i put in new lines from master cylinder to the first servo thingy, i did not change teh front lines as they all looked like they had already been changed at one time, i also put new caliper both sides on front. my problem is, that i have good pressure during bleeding in teh back, but no pressure on front wheels during bleeding at all, it will drip fluid but doesnt blow it like it should when bleeder screw is open and pedal is depressed.

no i figured it might be the rubber lines plugged so i disconnected the right front side. blue compressed air through it and air came out other end. so im thinking the rubber lines arent my problem,

so now i need advice as to where to go from here,
im wondering fi it could be the servo thingy thats pluged up or something,

servo thingy = the device where the master cylinder lines
go in and then the back end line goes out and the front line goes out.

please help im desperate.

thanks for any advice i can get
I think you mean proportioning valve.. Keep bleeding the brakes starting with bleeding the master cylinder first.. If it ran out of fluid you could have air trapped in the master. Try that first, then go to your wheels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.