Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats a good place to order extended brake lines from?

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
buddys 80s chevy... kit didnt come with them when he ordered them so we need to get some..

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
just order some braided stainless line from russell and make some. they sell ends too.... i did my car and my jeep (about 50 ft total) for about $300

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
just order some braided stainless line from russell and make some. they sell ends too.... i did my car and my jeep (about 50 ft total) for about $300
Assuming you can divide the price by 2, that would be $150 per vehicle for 2 front lines and 1 rear + labor to make them.

That sounds kind of retarded to me.

What also sounds retarded is that you have 25' of flexible brake line on each vehicle when people usually extend brake lines in the form of inches.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Assuming you can divide the price by 2, that would be $150 per vehicle for 2 front lines and 1 rear + labor to make them.

What also sounds retarded is that you have 25' of flexible brake line on each vehicle when people usually extend brake lines in the form of inches.
why only extend your junk inches when you can extend it FEET. LOL

maybe he replaced all of the brake lines on the vehicles. in that case 25' might be accurate.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts

considering i put about 50 feet and about 30 ends between the two vehiclesfor that price; it's a steal. i replaced all of the lines from the master cylinder on outward on both vehicles, not just two front and one rear. you can buy 10 ft rolls from russell; which would be perfect for the 3 lines he needs

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
Do you understand that all he wants to do is extend his flexible lines? He can probably do all three with non-blingy/braided shit for $50.

I don't think its a steal, I think someone stole your money. Why would you braid an entire car? Braiding retains heat.

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts