Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Hack
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a big cardboard box (and not because the wife finally got fed up with my shit and I'm taking up residence under I-75).

Looking for one that had a big flat screen TV inside it. 65" would be :woot:.

I need it to ship a BesTop CJ5 top/doors/frame.

Anyone in the Canton (or other local area) have one that isn't all torn apart?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Uhaul sells tv boxes. Or picture boxes. All different sizes. Just a thought.
That's what bought. I tried shipping a tonneau in it but it was too much money/unused space. The box was $20-30. It's a sleeve style and extends to fit a large spectrum of sizes.

Since I didn't need it, it's in the basement. However I'm in Windsor and getting it to you might be difficult. I'm sure my wife wouldn't argue a day trip to ikea.

·
Hack
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Wow. All great ideas!

I totally forgot about bikes (and I have ordered three off the internet). I've got a couple bike shops down the street from me, so I'll do that first. Then I'll Check out the one that U-Haul sells, which looks like a winner for $20 http://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Boxes/Electronics-boxes/Flat-Panel-TV-Kit?id=16343

I'm sure it's going to cost the proverbial 'arm and a leg' to ship. But I'm only selling it for $100 + shipping. And the buyer is in central Illinois, so he doesn't want to come get it (and I'd only want $50 for it picked up).

Wehan, thanks! Charlotte is a bit of a drive for me to get a box, but again Thanks!

OttoMan, thanks for the offer! IKEA is only 2 miles from my house. EDIT: According to their website: If you still have the receipt for that box, and it is unused, U-Haul will buy it back from you at any of their locations.

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
Yeah it's going to cost a pretty penny to ship, any idea on weight?

I ship a lot of bikes through the post office, as long as you can get in under their max size limits they are cheaper than fedex and ups everytime.

·
Hack
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All this over a cardboard box. :teehee:
Yup. And now that I'm $21 into a new one, I have the gut feeling that I'm going to get stiffed on this deal. I told the dude it was going to be over $100 to ship it. Turns out to be $130 FedEx to Central Illinois.

Well... At least I've got it all stuffing into a box now:

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Yup. And now that I'm $21 into a new one, I have the gut feeling that I'm going to get stiffed on this deal. I told the dude it was going to be over $100 to ship it. Turns out to be $130 FedEx to Central Illinois.

Well... At least I've got it all stuffing into a box now:

Get a quote from Greyhound. I've used it before, likely around $80

·
Registered
657 Posts
All this over a cardboard box. :teehee:
That's what I thought, I tried going to USPS, UPS and office max/UPS. There was unused space in the box and Yahtzee was adding to my cost. A $50 sale was $200 after shipping and he could buy new at that price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts