Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Swamp Stomper
8,179 Posts
Toss em...

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070905/AUTO01/709050366/1148

Saw that today at lunch. I don't have any of these, but thought some people might.

Ah, automotive fuses, such a misunderstood item..

about 1 month ago I head someone here at GM talk about a couple cars that had caught fire, teh cause was found to be a fuse that they could not say where came from, as in, they didn't know, either is didn't match any they could find or there was more then 1 that matched from what they could tell.
I wonder if these are the same fuses.

I personally don't trust fuses, I just pull them and put a short piece or like 6 ga wire in place of them :tonka:

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A lot of people don't realize how fuses work, or what they are rated for.

For example, a 20 amp fuse is rated to run 22 amps for at least 100 hours before it blows.

We're going through this with our GM counterparts, they don't understand how they really work, and are trying to do things with our short-to-battery condition that'll light their harness on fire...

42,948 Posts
A lot of people don't realize how fuses work, or what they are rated for.

For example, a 20 amp fuse is rated to run 22 amps for at least 100 hours before it blows.

We're going through this with our GM counterparts, they don't understand how they really work, and are trying to do things with our short-to-battery condition that'll light their harness on fire...
alot of people don't understand how HACR breakers allow 150% surge for 3 seconds, nor do they understand the dangers of running a breaker at 80%

fun fact.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alot of people don't understand how HACR breakers allow 150% surge for 3 seconds, nor do they understand the dangers of running a breaker at 80%

fun fact.
One of many reasons why, in general, I hate people, in general.

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
I love the ones that keep blowing a 10 amp fuse so they switch to a 25 or 30 amp fuse.

Yea...that should fix it.

On another note though...finally some press on shitty China stuff. I would, and do, pay more for quality USA made stuff. Hell, I would pay more for the same quality USA stuff. :tonka:

·
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
8,054 Posts
On another note though...finally some press on shitty China stuff. I would, and do, pay more for quality USA made stuff. Hell, I would pay more for the same quality USA stuff. :tonka:
uhhh, finally? where the hell have you been?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts