Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Candy Bars
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i just bought a 1992 yj and i have and i'm wondering if i got screwed over. I payed 1000$ for it. It has 127k miles. It looks like he put a new radiator in it. but the floors are a bit rough. i'm afraid i might fall through the pass side :p it has a 6cyl with a 5 spd stick.

Here are some pics Gimmi yo Opinions plz
thanks steve :)

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
well luckily for you, you sit on the drivers side and not the passengers side. No I do not think you got ripped off for a 1000.00. I just plans on what you want to do to it? Build it DD it or what?

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,165 Posts
a running 92 4.0 5spd YJ for a grand is a STEAL
X2 More importantly double check where the body mounts and where the leaf springs mount for rot. If you have a rotting frame then you will have to fix that first and fore most.

I paid $4800 for this YJ roughly 5 years ago. 4.0L with a 5 speed. 410 gears and 2" body lift with a 4" suspension lift. Currie front and rear bumpers with spare tire carrier. Eventually I found out the 4wd did not engage properly, the d35 was about to blow up, needed new e brake cables, had to toss the soft top, bad dent in the hood, black spray bombed interior, steering gear box was shot, steering shaft bearing was shot, shocks were shot, shock mount broke off, rust hole in the driverside floor, and of course the brakes were shot.

Since owning it I have re geared to 456's, replaced the shocks, fixed everthing wrong with it, locked the front axle, swapped in a locked 8.25 axle from my xj, got rid of the vacuum disconnect and went with a solid passenger shaft, got a hard top, new radio, new intake tube, new exhaust, street rims and tires, off road rims and tires, and even added a trunk box :d:

·
Im going FAST!!!
3,810 Posts
Yah any running driving 4x4 for $1,000 that still has a body worth looking at, which yours clearly does is worth it. I say good Buy.

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
I would say that the only way you got screwed is if the frame looks as bad as the rest of the body. Solid frame = good to go :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts