Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the response I just picked up 7/16 for all mounting points, got carriage bolts and I am going to look for some square sheet metal with squares punched out for locking in the carriage bolts. unless someone knows where to get these premade

·
GL 4x4 Vendors
3,146 Posts
thanks for the response I just picked up 7/16 for all mounting points, got carriage bolts and I am going to look for some square sheet metal with squares punched out for locking in the carriage bolts. unless someone knows where to get these premade
I'm not sure why you'd use carriage bolts, the bolts go up from the bottom and the nut is located inside the body channel.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am mounting a glass body. I assume the bolts go in through the floor into the mounts. My concern is the keeping the bolts from pulling through the floor so I want to use some washers with the bolts to provide more surface contact

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
You can use regular washers just get the right size to fit against the head. Drill the hole for for the bolt size should be fine to tighten them up you might want to use a body washer under side of the body too if so use the same size has for the bolt. Also use locktight on the nuts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.