Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
My Reality Check Bounced
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to rent a 25-35' Cabin Cruiser? Any ideas where to rent one? I want to take a trip from Port Huron to Mackinaw Island for the weekend?

·
My Reality Check Bounced
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know how pricey... I can't find anywhere that rents cabin cruisers on google searches....

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
thats a long haul too, especially with any sort of a north/south wind. take out a loan for the fuel bill...

·
Registered
475 Posts
better off gettin a loan buying 1 then ebay it after and cut your loses. proly be cheaper than renting.

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
I find it doubtful you will find a cabin cruiser rental that will allow you to take a port huron to mackinac trip...liability?

·
My Reality Check Bounced
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just figured since you can rent converted RV busses you could a boat.... (shrug)

·
There watching me! (.)(.)
11,461 Posts
My last boat, 34' Baja would cost around $400.00 to fill the gas tank. That was 2001 and gas was cheaper than today. I have drove up around Mackinaw cool time and fuel alone for a cruiser would be $$$$. Don't get me wrong it would be a blast, just pricey

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
There are lots of private rentals out there but you have to sign your life away to get them.

xabillion on the fuel though. Took my 21 foot cuddy to TC from Frankfort and man oh man...the fuel bill. Was a cool trip though and would do it again. We stopped at several small islands on the way back and stayed the night off Manatou island.

·
My Reality Check Bounced
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There are lots of private rentals out there but you have to sign your life away to get them.
Do you know where I can sign my life away.... that's what I'm looking for...

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
yea but those three boats did have to sit in the middle of the lake for 10-12 hours waiting... as for a rental i would be surprised if you could find one who would let you rent there boat and use it to go that far...let us know how you come out but i am betting it aint gonna happen, but if it does I bet your over $3500-4k once you pay rental fee's and fuel

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
A couple weeks ago, about 300 boats made that trip.
Fuel wasn't a concern. :thumb: :stan:
but they couldn't make the round trip in a weekend :tonka:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts