Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Gustafson
9,205 Posts
Yeah dont think i'll be there for the rbor race. My family is coming up here that weekend. Also having friends camp near us then. We'll be doing the family and friend hang out things. Hit the water, canoe, fires, beer, cruise the trails and stuff.

So far this week i've hit the trails twice. Blazer handles bumps at speeds pretty well. Cruising through the seasonal roads at 40 over whoops and overall impressed.
:mel: Did someone say beer? :teehee:

·
Gustafson
9,205 Posts
well i can go a while lol. Just didn't want to sound like an alcoholic :fish:
Call me what you will. I walk in the door and kiss the wife and the kiddo, pet the dogs, and grab a cold one. :woot:

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
oh i wasnt calling you one lol! I just tried to church it up for myself lol.. Thats a few days a week for me as well.. Especially when its hot outside.. At least we can both agree that beer is good:woot:

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Well some updating. I put 4 new doors on it after I beat up the others. Modified the front two to lift off like Wrangler doors. Doing the same to my half doors I have. So that way I'll be able to swap from doors to doors easily. Got a good deal on some racelines so I mounted those up. helped lower link clearance so I have full turning now. Fixed some rust and repainted the lower part of the doors. Put polyurethane body mounts on as well. Beat it at dog party. Jumps pretty smooth. No problems all day. Other than that no real updates. But still really cool looking.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Took it to dog party. Beat on it all day. Stayed together. Jumped it to see how it did. Real smooth for how heavy it is. Then went out wheeling today and it's deep up here. 2'+ everywhere. Gonna do an interior cage soon here.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Selling my doubler and going with a unique set up. Going with an eco box to atlas 2spd. have 1/1 2.72/1 3.8/1 and 10.3/1 Never really need the low low but the two different low ranges will be awesome as well as front driveline length.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Selling my doubler and going with a unique set up. Going with an eco box to atlas 2spd. have 1/1 2.72/1 3.8/1 and 10.3/1 Never really need the low low but the two different low ranges will be awesome as well as front driveline length.
They do make a 4 speed atlas. Can't remember the gear ratios, but can't be much more expensive then your setup. Having the 3.8 would be really nice since sometimes the 2.72 isn't low enough.

You gonna be at the snow race?

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
They do make a 4 speed atlas. Can't remember the gear ratios, but can't be much more expensive then your setup. Having the 3.8 would be really nice since sometimes the 2.72 isn't low enough.

You gonna be at the snow race?
Well the thing is I bought an Atlas already. Got it for a steal!!!!!!! So that's why I was gonna do what I'm doing. Maybe. I'm not sure about this weekend

·
Registered
713 Posts
Well the thing is I bought an Atlas already. Got it for a steal!!!!!!! So that's why I was gonna do what I'm doing. Maybe. I'm not sure about this weekend

Well that is pretty sweet then! Carry on! How soon will this all take place?

If you're over there, look me up. We'll be hanging out in the beautiful weather.

·
Registered
2010 JEEP JK
2 Posts
Well the lines are on the back of the ram so they are very protected. I did think about if something can hit it, but I feel like I got a good mix of protection without it being a 300lb artec mount. The beadlocks have anti coning tabs. Nothing to center it other that the lip on tire and my eye. No beads or weights of any kind and I roll 60 down the road smooth as can be. The shaft I have in there works, just not good. I'm buying that 231 range box from toyfish and swapping in 6 pinion 241 gears in it. So I'll essentially have a 241/241 doubler. That should solve my driveshaft issues. And get me into a better crawl ratio than 42:1.
The content is very valuable. It shows that you spent time researching this and you have managed to turn it into an incredible piece of valuable content. Nice work!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Well i got my Atlas/Ecobox doubler in and mounted up. bought some triple stick cable shifters from NWF and they work well. Removed the factory column shifter and installed a winters rock gate shifter. Built a nice modular crossmember/skid mount. i can remove the rear part to remove atlas without ecobox or trans. i can get pics when i think about it. just an update.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts