Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last year around this time i bought a blazer from Aaron that most of you on here know of.
After wheeling it several times and breaking 44 shafts and lockers I decided it was time to upgrade.
So i had a kp 60 at the house but hated the approach angle the leafs gave me so i wanted to do a linked suspension and coilovers.

Build list
Artec mounts on axle and frame
7/8 heims 2x.250 links
3/4 heims 1.5x.250 panhard
Truss and steering ram mount from Offroad Anonymous
Solid knuckles and Artec arms
5.13s Spartan locker
Stock shafts for now
Chevy brakes
14" Profender adjustable remote res shocks
3" Profender threaded bumps
Full hydro using Trail gear orbital, stock pump, Surplus center 2.25x8 ram

Cut off the front 2.5ft of frame, used 2x3 .175 tube.
1.75x.130 dom for hoops
Trying to get pictures to load. But i am taking it to mounds thanksgiving for its first test run to see how it goes.
IMG_20171120_193826398.jpg

IMG_20171102_213551971.jpg

·
Registered
713 Posts
Cool! Can't wait to see this thing. Why don't you use Flickr. It's easy, but you can't use mobile to third party the pics to the forum. Have fun at the mounds. I heard it's a big deal there on thanksgiving. Hope you have good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It worked great. No issues to speak of. I didn't do the slab or woods course because I was with four wheelers and didn't want to get stuck alone. Rides smooth, steering works good. Just need to get a new front driveshaft to handle 35° at full droop.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
It worked great. No issues to speak of. I didn't do the slab or woods course because I was with four wheelers and didn't want to get stuck alone. Rides smooth, steering works good. Just need to get a new front driveshaft to handle 35° at full droop.
Same issues im having need a new front driveshaft and i killed my efan today

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Last year around this time i bought a blazer from Aaron that most of you on here know of.
After wheeling it several times and breaking 44 shafts and lockers I decided it was time to upgrade.
So i had a kp 60 at the house but hated the approach angle the leafs gave me so i wanted to do a linked suspension and coilovers.

Build list
Artec mounts on axle and frame
7/8 heims 2x.250 links
3/4 heims 1.5x.250 panhard
Truss and steering ram mount from Offroad Anonymous
Solid knuckles and Artec arms
5.13s Spartan locker
Stock shafts for now
Chevy brakes
14" Profender adjustable remote res shocks
3" Profender threaded bumps
Full hydro using Trail gear orbital, stock pump, Surplus center 2.25x8 ram

Cut off the front 2.5ft of frame, used 2x3 .175 tube.
1.75x.130 dom for hoops
Trying to get pictures to load. But i am taking it to mounds thanksgiving for its first test run to see how it goes.
View attachment 252970

View attachment 252978
Got some pictures

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I made/designed the ram mount. Combo between Off Road Anonymous @Offroadanonymous and stuff I made. The beadlocks are diy from ORA as well. Jacob can cut out anything you need. I drew that ram mount out on paper and texted him a picture with measurements.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I made/designed the ram mount. Combo between Off Road Anonymous @Offroadanonymous and stuff I made. The beadlocks are diy from ORA as well. Jacob can cut out anything you need. I drew that ram mount out on paper and texted him a picture with measurements.
That's a great idea imo, mounting it like that. No way to trap dirt and mud between the ram and mount. The only thing i see being an issue is maybe sticks and small sharp rocks being able to get access to the hydro lines, but really no worse than my hydro assist ram that is fully excposed from top and bottom. With how high your ram is mounted, i doubt it will be an issue though. I like it.
The beadlocks look good too, do they have any centering lugs in them, or at least anti coning rings or lugs? How do they run down the road? Do you think you've got the tires centered?
How are you coming with your driveshaft dilemma? I'm still in the midst of changing my trans, so i haven't checked to see if the u joints i found will work or not, plus I'm hoping my strong box will show up shortly after Christmas. Not sure when it will get installed though. Have a lot of stuff to do before that is thrown in the mix. I did find out that my jb custom fab triple cable shifters are shipping tomorrow. I can't wait to get all that in my truck.

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well the lines are on the back of the ram so they are very protected. I did think about if something can hit it, but I feel like I got a good mix of protection without it being a 300lb artec mount. The beadlocks have anti coning tabs. Nothing to center it other that the lip on tire and my eye. No beads or weights of any kind and I roll 60 down the road smooth as can be. The shaft I have in there works, just not good. I'm buying that 231 range box from toyfish and swapping in 6 pinion 241 gears in it. So I'll essentially have a 241/241 doubler. That should solve my driveshaft issues. And get me into a better crawl ratio than 42:1.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Cool that you're going to be doubled! That will give you a low range of 7.4:1! That will be super low. 116.1:1 final crawl in first gear. That's going to be sweet imo.
Hope to see you put all that together real soon.
Let's see some pics of the lines installed.

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cool that you're going to be doubled! That will give you a low range of 7.4:1! That will be super low. 116.1:1 final crawl in first gear. That's going to be sweet imo.
Hope to see you put all that together real soon.
Let's see some pics of the lines installed.
That's some pics of the lines. I've been driving it almost daily for the last week. Does pretty good for what it is

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 59 Posts